Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 am ....A good start might be to have more people actually confirming the bug
Confirmed - Prophecy - Win 10 - Cubase - "A serious error has occurred" - crash/unusable.

Standalone works fine.

felis wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:07 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 am ....A good start might be to have more people actually confirming the bug
Confirmed - Prophecy - Win 10 - Cubase - "A serious error has occurred" - crash/unusable.

Standalone works fine.
there's a page somewhere on their site where you can describe bugs.

Yep happens here too in Reaper.

Support: https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:42 am I did NOT see Prophecy coming. I hope that also means they will add Z1 in the next one. :)

That said, yes, the coupon code is borked, I contacted their support. Let's see.
It's a polyphonic Prophecy model though

I am not able to see how or where I can define a global MIDI channel.. Without that, the Prophecy is responding to any MIDI messages received, across all MIDI channels. Gimps the implementation sadly. Maybe I am not looking in the right place? Any help, hugely appreciated.. I need to keep instance of this, responding to specific channel(s)..

I don't think that option is there, unlike on the Triton plugins. Probably just a mistake in the manual. You'll need to restrict your incoming MIDI channels before the plugin, using whatever tool is most appropriate for your system.

jdoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:46 pm I am not able to see how or where I can define a global MIDI channel.. Without that, the Prophecy is responding to any MIDI messages received, across all MIDI channels. Gimps the implementation sadly. Maybe I am not looking in the right place? Any help, hugely appreciated.. I need to keep instance of this, responding to specific channel(s)..
Worst than that: It doesn't even support ASIO (in Windows). How stupid is that?

It seems Korg has several development teams working simultaneously, and they don't use the same framework. Some things should be consolidated, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

They all use the same framework (JUCE), but this ASIO thing was likely a missed line of code somewhere (it's literally one single line of code to enable ASIO support for standalone in JUCE).

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:18 pm They all use the same framework (JUCE), but this ASIO thing was likely a missed line of code somewhere (it's literally one single line of code to enable ASIO support for standalone in JUCE).
However, there are differences in the way the GUIs are structured (menus, layouts, etc.) that lead me to think there are different development teams working, and they use different "templates" then (since, according to what you're saying, they use the same base framework).
Last edited by fmr on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Well, without being able to assign a MIDI channel, the Prophecy is reacting to CCs on every channel. This isnt workable for me, as I have multiple soft instruments on the Mac I am sending MIDI to. So.. restricting all MIDI to a single channel is no bueno. Other Korg soft synths? M1 Globals have a "Global MIDI Channel". Wavestation.. is similar to the Prophecy (no way to set a Global MIDI channel). This keeps the Wavestation standalone out of my setup. Maybe Korg has different teams working on these instruments, and Team B doesnt realize that there would be huge value in having a Global MIDI channel.

but why did Simon needs to use EQ-cheating? :o
noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:59 am Prophecy (not just preset browsing as the title suggests btw)

https://youtu.be/_o8NE3-XqUQ

jdoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 pm Well, without being able to assign a MIDI channel, the Prophecy is reacting to CCs on every channel. This isnt workable for me, as I have multiple soft instruments on the Mac I am sending MIDI to. So.. restricting all MIDI to a single channel is no bueno. Other Korg soft synths? M1 Globals have a "Global MIDI Channel". Wavestation.. is similar to the Prophecy (no way to set a Global MIDI channel). This keeps the Wavestation standalone out of my setup. Maybe Korg has different teams working on these instruments, and Team B doesnt realize that there would be huge value in having a Global MIDI channel.
Route a MIDI filter plugin before Prophecy?

Free patches for Prophecy to import thru the syx import menu

https://rhythm-lab.com/korg-prophecy-patches/

Enjoy

Note: the GUI is ugly ugly ugly, come on Korg

On the Prophecy, I wish there was a quicker way to view what parameter(s) a PE knob is assigned. I'm not sure why they made the patch display smaller than it was on the hardware (this info was displayed there right above the knobs).

In order to see what a PE knob is assigned to, you have to click on the 'ARP' button and look at the bottom of that screen (which is not close to the knobs themselves).

The tooltip only shows the knob number and value, 1-127. It would be great if they could increase the patch display to show this info above the knobs, or have an option to display more info in the tooltip. Maybe they could move the Performance Edit section to the top of the ARP screen so it's closer to the knobs?

It would also be helpful when pressing the PE buttons, that the selection would change in the Performance Editor.

Success. Was already using "Hosting AU" to host Serum. It has multiple tracks/channels.. added Prophecy (plug-in) to a new channel/track - and can now separate Prophecy onto a unique track. Would be easier to not have to host the plug-in version, but this seems to work. This is all integrated into a "live" setup, so pure DAW is overkill. Anyway, this is working so thanks (again) for pointing me in the right direction.

Joe
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:12 pm
jdoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 pm Well, without being able to assign a MIDI channel, the Prophecy is reacting to CCs on every channel. This isnt workable for me, as I have multiple soft instruments on the Mac I am sending MIDI to. So.. restricting all MIDI to a single channel is no bueno. Other Korg soft synths? M1 Globals have a "Global MIDI Channel". Wavestation.. is similar to the Prophecy (no way to set a Global MIDI channel). This keeps the Wavestation standalone out of my setup. Maybe Korg has different teams working on these instruments, and Team B doesnt realize that there would be huge value in having a Global MIDI channel.
Route a MIDI filter plugin before Prophecy?

Return to “Instruments”