# fixed random freeze when changing sample while playing
# improved saving state with AU format on some hosts
# [Linux] fixed rare crash when opening plugin GUI

audiojunkie
KVRAF
3309 posts since 19 Apr, 2002 from Utah

Post Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:25 am

Thank you!!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Thomaz
KVRer
16 posts since 12 Jun, 2014

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:16 am

Thanks a lot !

jamave
KVRer
1 posts since 5 Feb, 2022

Post Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:02 am

What a nice sampler you've created! I'm a long time Geist user. I use every aspect of geist except patterns and song mode. Now Fxpansion officially abandoned geist and maybe i need the alternative in the near future. Speedrum has little bit less functionality but overall its almost the same with very needed knob - predelay/offset per layer and super needed 8 layers per pad! And overall it looks fresh. Should buy it.
I have few questions for apisonic. 1. 90% of time i used 17-26 outputs in geist. I don't think i'm the only one. Is there any possibility to make Speedrum 32 multi-output? Cause there is not too many fx's for the pads and anyway 90% of time all fx chain is on the DAW channel (comp, eq, reverb etc). 2. Is there any plan of makin modulations (when one pad modulates other's parameter)? 3. Is there a posibility to make "import kit from geist" like for poise? Many users of abondoned geist would appreciate that!). 4. The Undo function is also needed! Thanks

apisonic
KVRist
Topic Starter
132 posts since 19 Aug, 2020 from Croatia

Post Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:26 am

jamave wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:02 am I have few questions for apisonic. 1. 90% of time i used 17-26 outputs in geist. I don't think i'm the only one. Is there any possibility to make Speedrum 32 multi-output? Cause there is not too many fx's for the pads and anyway 90% of time all fx chain is on the DAW channel (comp, eq, reverb etc). 2. Is there any plan of makin modulations (when one pad modulates other's parameter)? 3. Is there a posibility to make "import kit from geist" like for poise? Many users of abondoned geist would appreciate that!). 4. The Undo function is also needed! Thanks
1. I've been thinking about more output channels, and I'll probably do something about it in the future.
2. Yeah, there is a plan, but this is a bit more complex, so don't expect it in the near future.
3. I think I have already answered a similar question ... after the next update, I plan to look at various importers, including Geist.
4. Same as 2.

zvenx
KVRAF
11106 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:49 am

Yes I forgot the undo in my fr... but one day would be nice.
rsp
sound sculptist

jackmuta
KVRer
12 posts since 30 Jan, 2022

Post Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:04 am

Not much of a coder, so I'm not sure how difficult this would be. But if you're still taking feature requests, I would love the option to reset the round robin sampling back to the 1st sample for all pads and to be able to map the reset round robin function to a midi button (cc or note).

For instance, if I have four samples named A, B, C, and D all mapped to pad 1 in that order and with round robin on, it would be really nice if I could start from sample A without having to cycle through the other three samples if needed. i.e. Between Pad 1 and another pad mapped to the "start over" function I could play something like: A, B, C, {resetfunction}, A, B, {resetfunction}, A, B, C, D, A, {resetfunction}, A, B, C, D.

I'm not sure how difficult that is from a coding perspective but it would be fantastic if possible.

Some more info on why in case you're interested:
I'm ideally wanting to use Speedrum in a live setting to trigger melodic samples that have to be played in a specific order. All sixteen of the pads in the A bank have at least 2 or 3 samples loaded to trigger in round robin. In case I accidentally I accidentally double tap or miss a pad hit, it would be great to be able to reset the order back to its initial state so the intended order wouldn't get thrown off. As of now, I'm having to be very careful and exact with my playing. This function would also come in handy before the song starts so I know all my samples are in the correct order. I understand this is not the normal use case for a sampler like this, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble it would make my life a thousand times easier and make this plugin absolutely essential for me in my live rig.

apisonic
KVRist
Topic Starter

Post Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:47 am

An interesting idea... actually a few... I will definitely think about them and how this could be implemented.

jackmuta
KVRer
12 posts since 30 Jan, 2022

Post Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:01 pm

apisonic wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:47 am An interesting idea... actually a few... I will definitely think about them and how this could be implemented.
Great thanks! I'll keep checking back in case you decide to add it. It would definitely give you an edge on the current vst sampler market. I've done extensive googling and haven't found any current samplers (outside of kontakt, but it requires scripting and the function can't be midi mapped afaik) that do this.

Sorry to spam the thread, but just kind of thinking out loud, one thing I would love to see included as you continue to add more features/functionality to Speedrum is the ability to have a "live" mode where maybe you lose some of the more cpu-intensive processing for a more agile and less resource-heavy plugin. Not too bad as is, but I can imagine once you start including more functions, it may become more of a resource hog.

Even if these FR never come to fruition, I really appreciate the design and intuitive usability of the plugin. Great work and thank you for being so receptive to your users! It's unfortunately becoming somewhat rare for plugin developers to be this responsive and open to feedback in the community.

FapFilter
KVRian
1239 posts since 29 Oct, 2015 from Jupiter 8

Post Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:52 pm

Just bought it after using the free version for sone time now :love:
There's no Logic to Windows

apisonic
KVRist
Topic Starter

Post Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:03 am

jackmuta wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:01 pm Great thanks! I'll keep checking back in case you decide to add it.
It will probably be partially implemented in the next update, I will make a reset button, but it will not have midi mapping... There will be a complete change of the midi cc mapping so that it is based on the selected pad/layer, but initially it will include only knobs.
jackmuta wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:01 pm Sorry to spam the thread, but just kind of thinking out loud, one thing I would love to see included as you continue to add more features/functionality to Speedrum is the ability to have a "live" mode where maybe you lose some of the more cpu-intensive processing for a more agile and less resource-heavy plugin. Not too bad as is, but I can imagine once you start including more functions, it may become more of a resource hog.
Of course, each addition contributes to the load, but the question is how much. The premise is in the second sentence of the Speedrum description: "Designed for easy startup and fast workflow, but with powerful features if you need them." Which means, as of dsp, that what is not currently used does not affect the load.
jackmuta wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:01 pm Even if these FR never come to fruition, I really appreciate the design and intuitive usability of the plugin. Great work and thank you for being so receptive to your users! It's unfortunately becoming somewhat rare for plugin developers to be this responsive and open to feedback in the community.
It is interesting and instructive for me to hear how it is (and wants to be) used... But for the ideas/suggestions I need to think and see if it fits into the paradigm, and if/how it could be implemented painlessly.

apisonic
KVRist
Topic Starter

Post Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:04 am

FapFilter wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:52 pm Just bought it after using the free version for sone time now :love:
:tu: Thanks

Thomaz
KVRer

Post Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:39 am

Two questions:

1. Would it be possible to implement a trigger mode where the samples on one pad are played randomly but not in repetition?
Let's say I have four hihat samples on a pad and I want to play them back randomly but without repeating the same sample.
Sometimes it's called "random exclusive" ( in Groove Agent for example ).

2. I've noticed that the pitch value is not changing in full semitones when moving the knob but in smaller increments. Is there a way to change it to a fixed value like the volume or pan knob?

Thanks!

FapFilter
KVRian
1239 posts since 29 Oct, 2015 from Jupiter 8

Post Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:23 am

#1 is already there
#2 a great idea
There's no Logic to Windows

Thomaz
KVRer

Post Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:35 am