u-he - The Performance Update (M1 support & more)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic

Urs wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:05 am
pasha811 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:07 am I have installed 2.9.3 on my Intel Mac. Downlaoded from u-he website. Is this the same that will work natively as AU / VST on a M1 Mac?

Thanks
Pasha
Yes, of course.
Thanks! Happy Zebra user here :-)
Double Thanks for answering on a Sunday! :wink:

adl wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:17 pm Hm, what's the latest build for Diva? Cause on the "latest build" site the Diva update is listed as from September 2019

EDIT:
Nevermind. Found it. :oops:
It's here if anybody else is wondering:

https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... /releases/
You Sir, You. Are. A. Gentleman. And. A. Man. Of. Virtue.

Thanks for this, didnt realize I had so many outdated u-he products...
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Urs wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:52 pm We'd love to do that. We're just a bit short of developers and not short at all of other things we need to focus on, I'm afraid. Hope to change that :oops:
+1 for whenever it happens. I own every u-he product except for Filterscape.

Distortion in Diva rev. 12092 at 96kHz! (only Diva not U-HE others):
- Mac Pro Late 2013, 8 cores at 3 GHz, 128 Gb RAM, macOS Catalina (10.15.7)
- RME Fireface 400 with latest driver and kernel driver
- Logic Pro 10.6.3, no overload warning but distorted sound (ex. 3EE_Winter_Lullaby)
- LP settings: I/O Buffer at 128 Samples (no matter what size), Processing Threads 16, Process Buffer Range: Large, Multithreading: Playback & Live Tracks, Summing: High, ReWire Behavior: Off

Any ideas?

It’s on! ZebraCM is in issue 301 of Computer Music and since it’s separate from the bundle, it’s way easier to download.
Though I’ve been on an Apple Silicon Mac for almost a year, these M1-native plugins are just impressive in how little CPU they take. Tried Hive last night as the Bitwig bundle was tempting. Same idea. Load a complex patch and it doesn’t register in CPU load.

janomix.chile wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:03 pm Hello to all

I still have de ZebraCM v1.1.0 from 2012, some say the update come soon: ZebraCM: (available from Computer Music soon)

Any have info when we, the poor boys, can update to the latest ZebraCM with the beautiful new skin?

Thanks in advance.
“Soon” is now: ZebraCM 1.1.1 Rev 12185 is in Computer Music issue 301, as a separate download on FileSilo.
And it’s glorious. Especially for those of us who use it on a Mac with M1. Since it’s native to Apple Silicon, it doesn’t even register in CPU load.

Diva distortion solved!
One must activate Diva’s own multiprocessor switch.
Problem solved.

Urs wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:23 am
newluc wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:20 am Hi Urs,
any chance to see Tyrell N6 updated?
Thanks
Luciano
There's been a few topics about it. Because of the amount off work going into this, we want to host it ourselves. But because Amazona asked for exclusivity until the end of this year, we're going to schedule an update early next year.
Getting close to next year! How's progress? Any different thoughts on pro version or how you will handle Tyrell?

Progress on Tyrell is rather non-existent at this point. Things are moving very slowly. We're trying to do a public beta release of MFM 2.5 before the holidays, that's pretty much the most we can do, and the most we've been able to work on, development-wise.

(on the plus side, during MFM 2.5 development, we spent some time on very fast clipping and softclipping algo that is nearly aliasing free, which will come in handy with many plug-ins, including TyrellN6. It will hopefully also be a remedy for the critical perception of aliasing in some of our built-in distortion modules.)

can we get uhbik alpha2 M1 native pretty pretty please

Ploki wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:58 pm can we get uhbik alpha2 M1 native pretty pretty please
The Uhbiks are the biggest thing I am missing on my Apple Silicon Mac...

This has become the norm on my MBP M1 Max. Truly depressing.
dammit.png
Seriously Urs....when are we gonna see these things working?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 am This has become the norm on my MBP M1 Max. Truly depressing.
Seriously Urs....when are we gonna see these things working?
We've explained the reasons for the temporary halt of Uhbik development multiple times by now. It wasn't an easy decision, but the only available option due to a lot of unfortunate and unforeseeable factors all adding up.

Constant questions and complaints really won't speed things up. They just add a lot of additional stress. Stress inevitably leads to errors, and errors will just delay the development process even further.

Please accept the fact that it will take some time, and rest assured that we will continue to work on the next major Uhbik update as soon as humanly possible.

We'd rather do it right and do it once instead of rushing it and then delivering a product that doesn't meet our own standards and expectations.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

I’ve read all of that stuff and I get it. It wasn’t a complaint more than it was an observation after seeing that prompt on my M1 laptop for the umpteenth time. All I’m really asking for here is a ballpark ETA. You know…a small glimmer of hope.
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 pm I’ve read all of that stuff a022nd I get it. It wasn’t a complaint more than it was an observation after seeing that prompt on my M1 laptop for the umpteenth time. All I’m really asking for here is a ballpark ETA. You know…a small glimmer of hope.
2022. Probably after the Filterscape update, but before Zebra3.

Return to “u-he”