twisted mind v1.0 [drill n' bass; drums n' weirdo; or whatever]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

another track by me. i hope the mix is quite balanced, some sound-signals were a nightmare...
it's not a pop-track in the common sense. maybe someone likes it (i count on you vurt :wink:).
hints about major problems, are very welcome.

to all: have a nice day, week and year - stay healthy.

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... d-mind-v10
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Cool sounds . Really enjoying this .Kept my interest all the way through. Becoming a fan I think, good work! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Really, really like the melody on this. I love how pitchy and strange it is.

The acid lead that starts around 2:34 feels a little loud, and maybe has some resonant frequencies that could be surgically EQ'd out.

The drums at 0:34 feel a little quiet, but that may have been your intent, to get more punch at 0:45.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

jethrobull wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:44 pm Cool sounds . Really enjoying this .Kept my interest all the way through. Becoming a fan I think, good work! :tu:
:) thanks a lot for the kind words.
myself in 2022

eassae wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:13 pm Really, really like the melody on this. I love how pitchy and strange it is.

The acid lead that starts around 2:34 feels a little loud, and maybe has some resonant frequencies that could be surgically EQ'd out.

The drums at 0:34 feel a little quiet, but that may have been your intent, to get more punch at 0:45.
thanks for listening and the comment. always appreciate your "technical" feedback.

yeah the FM-sound at 2:34... gives me headaches :) - i don't know exactly what is going wrong with it. the attack is a bit hard too. i tried different things, compressor with fast attack, eq (there are not so many resonant frequencies), but it don't work out like planned. my technical knowhow is too small, to make it smoother. (i have one last idea - to reduce the velocity... maybe it works with the old dx7-algorhytm...)

0:34 is intention. it's a HP-filtered drum-loop, the half of it is missing. first it sounds a bit odd, but it is explained later on with 0:45. (at least that was the idea).
myself in 2022

Another good un. You have a great grasp of chord progressions etc, more so than in most electronic stuff I hear, which sets it above a lot of your contemporaries!

Keep em coming.

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:28 am yeah the FM-sound at 2:34... gives me headaches :) - i don't know exactly what is going wrong with it. the attack is a bit hard too. i tried different things, compressor with fast attack, eq (there are not so many resonant frequencies), but it don't work out like planned. my technical knowhow is too small, to make it smoother. (i have one last idea - to reduce the velocity... maybe it works with the old dx7-algorhytm...)
For the FM one thing I would try is to add a little distortion(psp vintage warmer or soundtoys radiator) and use a LP Filter set at 7k with a 12–24db slope to roll off the top end. May or may not work in this case.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

like a trippy carousel ride :ud:
some looooovely sounds here!
possibly my fave of yours so far, nothing else to add. :D

tomtom1,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: bizarre bass synth. Audio mix is good. Not exactly ultra-melodic, though an interesting listen. I like the sound effect at 3:10. Drums are good. The vocal bits are amusing. I can picture this with some sort of crazy video. Keep at it man! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Nice, has a very Aphexy vibe
Amazon: why not use an alternative

had another listen on the hi fi system downstairs 8)
neighbours hate you.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:32 pm Nice, has a very Aphexy vibe
Shhhhhhhhhh .... don't reveil the secret. :lol:
unfortunately this man has already done a lot. he will be remembered for decades.

thanks for listening.
myself in 2022

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:35 pm had another listen on the hi fi system downstairs 8)
neighbours hate you.
nice... or not so nice :D
and? did it still hold up on the hi-fi system?
myself in 2022

eassae wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:58 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:28 am yeah the FM-sound at 2:34... gives me headaches :) - i don't know exactly what is going wrong with it. the attack is a bit hard too. i tried different things, compressor with fast attack, eq (there are not so many resonant frequencies), but it don't work out like planned. my technical knowhow is too small, to make it smoother. (i have one last idea - to reduce the velocity... maybe it works with the old dx7-algorhytm...)
For the FM one thing I would try is to add a little distortion(psp vintage warmer or soundtoys radiator) and use a LP Filter set at 7k with a 12–24db slope to roll off the top end. May or may not work in this case.
thanks for the tip. i used some tape-distortion unit (had no other), but it worked. best results i got by reduing the velocity. don't know why. that dx7-system is hard to understand.
myself in 2022

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:59 am Another good un. You have a great grasp of chord progressions etc, more so than in most electronic stuff I hear, which sets it above a lot of your contemporaries!

Keep em coming.
hi donkey, thanks for listening.

I'm happy to read that and at the same time it's kind of bad. you probably don't know my background.
i studied music for a long time and earn money with it. (albeit exclusively classical, my main subjects were instrument, improvisation and choir orchestra conducting). but also had theory, ear training, singing lessons. at least then i must have (or should have) a little knowledge of music theory. although I have to admit that classical theory is not as helpful as I once thought. nobody wants to hear a baroque I-IV-V cadenza in a pop context. especially since my environment is ultra-conversational. my colleagues "despise" pop music.

however, that explains the differences. I hope you are not too "disappointed" now. :)
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”