Waldorf M Wavetable Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems nice but overpriced.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:18 pm I mean it follows in Waldorf's tradition. Q, microQ, MWII/XT, Wave, Microwave, they all had voice expansions.
Plus there are some synths (Prologue, etc.) where you can buy an 8 voice version or 16 voice version. The Waldorf M is cool cause you can start with 8 voices and later expand to 16 if you want.

I am interested in the M... it sounds good and all the demo sounds are dry... no FX

and I like that it is 4 part multi-timbral. Also, not too complicated and the UI looks fun to use.

D-Fusion wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:23 pmI guess things are starting to get more expensive these days because of various shortages (Even graphic card prices are starting to get expensive and harder to get atleast where i live).
Yeah... prices are going up significantly

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:50 pm So would you rather it was 16 voices from the get go and €2300 with no cheaper option, or...? :)
The price for the 8 voice in the US is $2499

pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:30 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:50 pm So would you rather it was 16 voices from the get go and €2300 with no cheaper option, or...? :)
The price for the 8 voice in the US is $2499
Maybe UncleE could shave a few bucks off?

The M sounds very good. There are moments in the demos where the sound has a character and vitality I've never heard from the Quantum.

There's a competing product that seems very similar called the MD900 (by Mayer Electronic Music Instruments), which has just been announced. No analog filters but the digital filters seem to be stereo. No idea on the price but sounds pretty nice. Seems they'll be in direct competition.

http://www.mayer-emi.at/Media/media
<List your stupid gear here>

Not really directly competing since no analog filters. :)

this is the best synth released since modal 008, and it's 2500 $ us rn.

egbert101 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:05 pm There's a competing product that seems very similar called the MD900 (by Mayer Electronic Music Instruments), which has just been announced. No analog filters but the digital filters seem to be stereo. No idea on the price but sounds pretty nice. Seems they'll be in direct competition.

http://www.mayer-emi.at/Media/media
Around €3,000 according to this :o

https://www.gearnews.com/superbooth-202 ... nthesizer/

Yeeeeeeah that's def too much for a VA.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 pm Not really directly competing since no analog filters. :)
It is also like a mini DAW... it can do clip launching on its 4 tracks...

pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:05 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 pm Not really directly competing since no analog filters. :)
It is also like a mini DAW... it can do clip launching on its 4 tracks...
Yeah Im thinking its more like a linux based groovebox, except for the price.

Both way too expensive for me. Might treat myself to a Blofeld or Behringer PPG when that comes out. :lol:
<List your stupid gear here>

TBH, I think the prices of hardware synths are getting a bit expensive.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”