Emergence granulator 0.2.0 released: Added LFOs, Macros and AU support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Emergence

Shared this on another musician forum and one of the first responses immediately noted how cool it sounded, BUT that it's too big to actually be used fully on his laptop and he can't see the bottom row. So I think some scaling options would be dynamite for folks on smaller screens at least.

Thanks for all the effort you put into this Daniel. Proud to be an early patron.

Agreed wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:22 pm Shared this on another musician forum and one of the first responses immediately noted how cool it sounded, BUT that it's too big to actually be used fully on his laptop and he can't see the bottom row. So I think some scaling options would be dynamite for folks on smaller screens at least.

Thanks for all the effort you put into this Daniel. Proud to be an early patron.
Thanks a lot for sharing and support!

Someone else already mentioned the laptop screen problem. I think this one should not be hard to fix in the next update.
Emergence: granular effect plugin for mac and windows | reaper_command_palette | patreon | youtube | newsletter

i made a few presets - just for fun
and maybe to encourage others to see what can be done
nothing special

actually i just wanted to try how uploading here works :-)

unfortunately they are only in Logic's aupreset format

enjoy

https://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=3577

@Daniel, you got one hell of a cool granulator there. Great concept, great sound. Of course take you time to work on it and improve it, but don't let it go!! Yep, it is that great :D

And in the near future, you could even ask for a little something like $12-$15 for it, if you keep adding features and stuff. I'm sure people would be willing to pay a little something to support for further more developments and features.

Thanks for this Daniel ... just been using it on some drum loops :tu:

Enjoying Emergence, thank you (now Patreoning)! Might daw tempo sync for some parameters be a reasonable option to consider, such as Interonset Time and Grain Length?

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:41 am And in the near future, you could even ask for a little something like $12-$15 for it, if you keep adding features and stuff. I'm sure people would be willing to pay a little something to support for further more developments and features.
Well, people already have the option to donate whatever amount they would like to support development. Hopefully donations will keep coming and I won't have to think about a price tag :)
muki wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:25 am i made a few presets - just for fun
and maybe to encourage others to see what can be done
Thanks for doing this!
ericzang wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:04 am Enjoying Emergence, thank you (now Patreoning)! Might daw tempo sync for some parameters be a reasonable option to consider, such as Interonset Time and Grain Length?
Thanks a lot for supporting! Host Tempo sync is also something I plan on adding.
Maybe I will come up with a roadmap and start a discussion about upcoming new features
Emergence: granular effect plugin for mac and windows | reaper_command_palette | patreon | youtube | newsletter

I'd love that daniel_, thanks for hearing our thoughts and being responsive!

Enjoying this plugin.

One thing I've noticed: If you set the randomization amount to 100% for all controls, it becomes clear that the randomize button is applying one single randomly chosen offset value equally to all of them.

onerob wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:52 pm One thing I've noticed: If you set the randomization amount to 100% for all controls, it becomes clear that the randomize button is applying one single randomly chosen offset value equally to all of them.
yes - can confirm
also LFOs are neglected if not set
no switches turned on/off

otoh it is quite capable of producing nice results

i'm quite a big fan of unfiltered audio's randonizer with probability slider (lion, silo, byome/triad)

which, btw, turns on/off, activates LFOs...kind of...

p.s.:
just got a major crash in logic by inserting emergence
daniel: interested in crash report ?

muki wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:54 am
i'm quite a big fan of unfiltered audio's randonizer with probability slider (lion, silo, byome/triad)
Yep +1! Very nice randomizers to inject new ideas or create happy accidents. And like many discoveries made by mistakes throughout the history, I think more plugins should have randomizer functions.

onerob wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:52 pm One thing I've noticed: If you set the randomization amount to 100% for all controls, it becomes clear that the randomize button is applying one single randomly chosen offset value equally to all of them.
Yes, thats how it works at the moment. Modifying each parameter with a different random value would make sense too, I might change this in the future

muki wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:54 am p.s.:
just got a major crash in logic by inserting emergence
daniel: interested in crash report ?

Yes please! If you make it crash again please also describe the steps taken to get a crash. Thanks!

daniel_ wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:45 pm Yes please!
you got PM

I just updated the plugin to v0.2.1 on both macOS and windows. I hope this solves the issues some of you reported. This release also adds some new features like editor resizing and buttons to copy/paste stream parameters.

Here is the list of the changes:
- Stability: Fix potential crash when an instance of the plugin is created
- UI: Support displays smaller than 1080 pixels in height
- UI: Add buttons to scale the GUI
- UI: Improve knob layout
- Streams: Add buttons to copy and paste stream parameters

As I mentioned I cannot test on High Sierra but people who had problems with that might want to give this version a try and let me know if this helps.

Please keep reporting any bugs and unexpected behaviour. Thanks!

Thank you, Daniel

Return to “Effects”