SSL Native X-EQ 2

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
KVRer
22 posts since 14 Sep, 2021 from Belgrade

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:45 am

Great Eq for the price. Personally i more like MAAT Blue
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

KVRist
354 posts since 1 Dec, 2013 from UK

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:11 am

only paypal option when i went to buy, cant use paypal.. can i get it anywhere else for this price?
thanks

KVRist
294 posts since 18 Jul, 2021

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:26 am

i believe sweetwater is carrying it at the discounted price.

KVRist
354 posts since 1 Dec, 2013 from UK

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 am

thanks gaggle, ill try them out..

User avatar
KVRAF
7235 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:33 am

I've already got more EQs than I need/use and the cramping problem that this EQ solves has never been a concern to me, but wow that's a great price!!!

KVRist
354 posts since 1 Dec, 2013 from UK

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:37 am

Couldnt find it on their site... might just be me being stupid...
tonymax wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 am
thanks gaggle, ill try them out..

KVRist
294 posts since 18 Jul, 2021

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:38 am


KVRist
354 posts since 1 Dec, 2013 from UK

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:34 am

thanks gaggle, yup me being stupid... :-)

KVRist
354 posts since 1 Dec, 2013 from UK

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:38 am

Brill that did it... saved a few £££'s as well..

KVRist
83 posts since 3 Apr, 2021

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:57 am

Hey guys, I still don't have the FF Pro-Q3, but have and use a lot the TDR Nova GE (which has dynamic EQ). This thread already brought others I had totally forgot about, that I don't have too (Toneboosters and Crave). Besides this one (SSL) presenting the anti-cramping in the high frequencies, does it brings something more than what could been achieved with of the previous ones? I'm on the fence here...
CPU AMD Ryzen 3500X 3.6Ghz | RAM 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | GPU GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | OS Win10 x64 | Phones AKG K92 | Monitors JBL One Series 104 | Interface Steinberg UR22MkII | DI IK Z-Tone | DAW Reaper v6

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4625 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:14 am

The_Ogre wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:57 am
Hey guys, I still don't have the FF Pro-Q3, but have and use a lot the TDR Nova GE (which has dynamic EQ). This thread already brought others I had totally forgot about, that I don't have too (Toneboosters and Crave). Besides this one (SSL) presenting the anti-cramping in the high frequencies, does it brings something more than what could been achieved with of the previous ones? I'm on the fence here...
Parallel / serial band topology selection
Gain/f/Q UI efficiency on band point
Feature set is lean and efficient

KVRist
83 posts since 3 Apr, 2021

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:30 am

plexuss wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:14 am
The_Ogre wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:57 am
Hey guys, I still don't have the FF Pro-Q3, but have and use a lot the TDR Nova GE (which has dynamic EQ). This thread already brought others I had totally forgot about, that I don't have too (Toneboosters and Crave). Besides this one (SSL) presenting the anti-cramping in the high frequencies, does it brings something more than what could been achieved with of the previous ones? I'm on the fence here...
Parallel / serial band topology selection
Gain/f/Q UI efficiency on band point
Feature set is lean and efficient
The Parallel/Serial stuff is something I'm planning to do with Nebula inside BlueCat Patchwork, maybe this feature on the SSL could be really useful.
:tu:
CPU AMD Ryzen 3500X 3.6Ghz | RAM 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | GPU GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | OS Win10 x64 | Phones AKG K92 | Monitors JBL One Series 104 | Interface Steinberg UR22MkII | DI IK Z-Tone | DAW Reaper v6

KVRAF
4233 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:40 am

I have yet to see anyone ever posting a practical mixing session with multiple tracks where exactly same high frequency content is boosted by the same amount with and without anti cramping - and then someone which can effectively point it out.

I also never saw ITB music piece which didn't find it's way to top charts because EQ used in session didn't do anti cramping.

The whole premise sounds "anti-practical" - but hey some people are happy when they look in plugin doctor it doesn't cramp :hihi:

v1o
KVRAF
3030 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:51 am

kmonkey wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:40 am


I also never saw ITB music piece which didn't find it's way to top charts because EQ used in session didn't do anti cramping.
You don't need the pristine sound quality to top the charts. Listen to Billie Eilish. They're only a few genres where your choice of EQ might be critical like Jazz and Classical music.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

KVRAF
4233 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:09 am

v1o wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:51 am
You don't need the pristine sound quality to top the charts. Listen to Billie Eilish.
No I am not going to listen him/her whatever. In case you didn't realize (perhaps I wasn't clear), I actually agree with you.

My whole point is making this "anti-cramp" as a feature is ridiculous because in practical life no one would be able to hear that difference in that region. Well your dog maybe.

Yeah I know SSL said that we need this otherwise we can expect our music being ruined technically (it's literally on their website and after reading their manual it is being insinuated), but it's a marketing blurb and nothing more.

Return to “Effects”