The one plug-in I wish would be reborn

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
Michael L
KVRAF
3795 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:22 am

briefcasemanx wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:28 pm
What is the company that turned into Roger Nichols digital? I remember that was a huge shitshow at the time.
Elemental Audio
buying happiness

briefcasemanx
KVRian
914 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:38 am

Michael L wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:22 am
briefcasemanx wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:28 pm
What is the company that turned into Roger Nichols digital? I remember that was a huge shitshow at the time.
Elemental Audio
Okay, yeah I thought so when I saw that UI posted. They also had an EQ with an adjustable notch setting that would get rid of the frequency specified as well as harmonics.

Does anybody know if any EQs nowadays do that?
v1o wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Looks cool. You don't get companies trying innovative approaches as much these days. Most compressors are trying to sound analogue.
Most were trying to sound analogue back then too. Just not being quite as good at it due to weaker CPUs at the time.

Melkor
KVRian
995 posts since 25 Feb, 2008 from Sydney, Australia

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:53 am

Simulanalog. Exactly as they were, no GUI, just 64bit.
Prestissimo in Moto Perpetuo

Brittlestem
KVRAF
1575 posts since 24 Feb, 2004

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:04 am

Aloysius wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:17 am
Will he be contacting the people who purchased his product before he disappeared? 2009 I think.
I bought Krishna just before it became abandonware. Dev ignored all emails whilst posting videos of some live-drumming software that also became...abandonware.
His patreon can f**k right off.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

User avatar
LeVzi
KVRAF
3677 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:10 am

I wish Camelphat 3 was still getting updated but it still works atm.

Alchemy was a great synth with so many possibilities, until Camel Audio shafted everyone.
"Part Man, Part Machine, Part Bird, Part Drum - It's Robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop" - James Acaster

CinningBao
KVRAF
2071 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Capital City, UK

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:31 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:31 pm
CinningBao wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:18 am
This was probably the most flexible PSOLA synth. Anyone know of a new one?
NI Form is using PSOLA too.
Yup, got that. but it's not as flexible and I always feel like I'm 'fighting' it to do what I want it to do.

User avatar
4damind
KVRAF
5491 posts since 17 Aug, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:36 am

ArtsAcoustic... the reverb but also the Bigstone Phaser. The plugins still exist but they are not developed further. I wish the AA plugins would be reborn.

CinningBao
KVRAF
2071 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Capital City, UK

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:42 am

briefcasemanx wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:38 am
Michael L wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:22 am
briefcasemanx wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:28 pm
What is the company that turned into Roger Nichols digital? I remember that was a huge shitshow at the time.
Elemental Audio
Okay, yeah I thought so when I saw that UI posted. They also had an EQ with an adjustable notch setting that would get rid of the frequency specified as well as harmonics.

Does anybody know if any EQs nowadays do that?
v1o wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Looks cool. You don't get companies trying innovative approaches as much these days. Most compressors are trying to sound analogue.
Most were trying to sound analogue back then too. Just not being quite as good at it due to weaker CPUs at the time.
Some of Voxengo's EQ plugins have a notch filter which notch out 4 or 8 harmonics above the frequency. GlissEQ has it. Might be worth checking Prime, Curve and Harmonic EQ.

pandashake
KVRAF
2074 posts since 22 Jan, 2005 from flint, michigan

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:11 am

briefcasemanx wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:28 pm
What is the company that turned into Roger Nichols digital? I remember that was a huge shitshow at the time.
Elemental Audio, if I recall correctly.

User avatar
melomood
KVRAF
5312 posts since 15 Oct, 2017 from U.S.

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:14 am

I want all the X-incarn code ripped from Geist and put back in a reborn version of X-incarn
Living rent free

User avatar
OzoneJunkie
KVRian
1268 posts since 16 Jan, 2004

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:46 am

Prosoniq Piwarp

CinningBao
KVRAF
2071 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Capital City, UK

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:26 am

OzoneJunkie wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:46 am
Prosoniq Piwarp
Yeah I miss that too, but Zynaptiq have slowly started releasing the Prosoniq IP they purchased, andI believe PiWarp is 'in' Wormhole, even though they don't outright declare it the colour and design is too similar to be a coincidence. No bloomin' up/crossgrade path though :(

https://www.zynaptiq.com/wormhole/

User avatar
e@rs
KVRAF
5221 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:40 am

Aiynzahev wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:53 am
e@rs wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:07 am
Ohmicide.
They're back I believe https://www.ohmforce.com/plugins
They have a new site indeed, but that's it unfortunately: no plugin updates in years, small and even broken GUIs. And that Infinity wasn't exactly a success story, but apparently they learned nothing from their DAW fiasco...

BTW, congrats on your OSC win, cool tune! :phones:

User avatar
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

Topic Starter

3706 posts since 29 Jun, 2011 from USA

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:57 am

e@rs wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:40 am
Aiynzahev wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:53 am
e@rs wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:07 am
Ohmicide.
They're back I believe https://www.ohmforce.com/plugins
They have a new site indeed, but that's it unfortunately: no plugin updates in years, small and even broken GUIs. And that Infinity wasn't exactly a success story, but apparently they learned nothing from their DAW fiasco...

BTW, congrats on your OSC win, cool tune! :phones:
Oh yes, thanks. I remember being really excited about that DAW they were doing, being able to work with someone else on a tune in real time and all.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
10547 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:49 am

dmbaer wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:59 am
alchemy-1_5-ahdsr.jpg

Actually, I don't really miss this one at all, but remain vastly annoyed about how it exited the seen for PC users. Twelve or so years ago I was blown away by the combination of technologies involved. On the other hand, I just moved to a new DAW a few months ago and didn't think it worth the trouble of installing.
I have it still installed, and it still works :)
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Effects”