Pulsar Modular P42 Climax Line Amp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@n9n

Hey, this is a read! I enjoyed every line of it. Fascinating, really. It is seldom that I really feel the person as much when I read on forums. I appriciate the differentiated thinking here. Stay save and sound!

PS
the "competition" or better experiment shall prove nothing. It should be fun and result into intersting thoughts afterwards maybe. It is better doing something actively, than only sitting there inactively while bleating about things.

Ploki wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:02 am I’m at seaside so won’t be able to do it till next week, but i guess pick VT-808 or VT-909 preset and default A pattern from it :)
Hi, I´ve done the work. Will have a second re-assurance listen tomorrow with fresh ears and then it´s done. I PM you for the details. Cheers

So are they gonna ban nichttuntun on here like they did Gearslutz? Lol. Thats a hell of a thread over there.

QCGroove wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:51 pm So are they gonna ban nichttuntun on here like they did Gearslutz? Lol. Thats a hell of a thread over there.
Fair play to the mod getting involved to stop all the shilling. :D

QCGroove wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:51 pm So are they gonna ban nichttuntun on here like they did Gearslutz? Lol. Thats a hell of a thread over there.
Wherever did you get the idea I was banned? Of course not! No further discussion about that. Focus on thread subject would be nice :)

CrystalWizard wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:35 am
Omkar wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:51 am It`s a pity to be ...
What is ethical,
to get a discount for a review
or thumbs down just because of the deal?...

Thumbs down.
Hahaha, you got it.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Nail on the head.

polarsky wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:58 pm was wondering where all the reviews were coming from, from P900 @ GS:
we will draw one free copy of P42 for every 4 reviews at KVR Audio (this Sat. and Sunday only. Negative reviews are also eligible!).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mik_lo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:40 am Trying to stop people getting ripped off.
Internet nannies. I'm touched.

Omkar wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:51 am
CrystalWizard wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:35 am
Omkar wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:51 am It`s a pity to be ...
What is ethical,
to get a discount for a review
or thumbs down just because of the deal?...

Thumbs down.
Hahaha, you got it.
he ended up spamming himself, any dev would get the same reaction if they tried the same thing, you don't s**t where you eat

chk071 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:36 pm
Mik_lo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:40 am Trying to stop people getting ripped off.
Internet nannies. I'm touched.
if he ends up releasing p42 on ios like he has lunar lander for a $10 iap there could be a few people who aren't impressed

You could say that about any other plugin-which-has-gone-mobile-app as well though. It's a different market, with different prices.

Not my point anyway. There's a difference between not being impressed and trying to save the internet. Or faking to do so. Or talking your way out of a negative attitude. Or whatever it's supposed to be.

nail on the head

nichttuntun wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:59 am
Ploki wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:08 am I tried it more than once already, and there's simply nothing it does that i can't do with saturators i already have and none of them were so ridiculously expensive.
funny you'd say synthetic drums, Microtonic was the first source i slapped it over and it went off as quickly as it went on.
Hi Ploki, just for fun...a small entertaining "challange".

I love Microtonic. Would you mind selecting an officially integrated preset (not one from the countless Patternarium presets).

I will mix it using only (!) P42 on all 8 outputs.

And than you try to replicate the legit vividness with only (!) one other "saturator".

The rules:
- microtonic preset stays completely untouched!
- only P42
- only one other "saturator"
- 8 channels gain staged to -18dB VU-meter and -6dB Peak-level
- no M/S processing!
- no additional compressors (even if they are build into the plugin, like with Blyss)
- no additional EQ whatsoever
- no DAW channel tools are used
- no efx, wet or dry like ER or reverb
- no parallel processing, except for the complete stem/(group-channel)
- plugins are put on every 8 channel
- it´s allowed to do 2 complete insert row lanes (serial)
- one additional dual-mono setup L/R on the stem
- the other plugin must be revealed
- on / off must be level matched with a LUFS meter (integrated)
- a screenshot must be taken of that complete session
- no tricks (!!!)

Are you ready? I got time doing so this evening. I think that would be not only exiting but also interesting.

Please don´t understand it as a penis-length comparison. Its really not ment as a muscle comparison or so and it is really not ment as a provocation. I´m just exited about the plugin and want to know what people can achiev with other tools. I say it from muscian to musician and its ment as a sporty, friendly-minded "competition" (I don´t like the word competition, but don´t know what else to say).

Cheers
hey i know i'm late to the party but i'm interesting in a little friendly compo. would be down to do a couple different things here actually. especially with the screenshots and references. we could all learn from. The question is... how hard do we go with the sound?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://instagram.com/kirkwoodwest/
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

polarsky wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:15 pm ...
he ended up spamming himself, any dev would get the same reaction if they tried the same thing, you don't s**t where you eat
All good, I think we`ve been all aware of the situation at both forums.
Yet, there`s a product & a thread named "Pulsar Modular P42 Climax Line Amp".

I have it, I love it, it`s actually getting my mixing centerpiece.

If I had seen reflections related to the 40 day trial
I wouldnt have run into the feeling to be confronted with sideshows.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Return to “Effects”