Nest released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like I have a problem unless it's a demo restriction (I can't see anything to say what those are), but the UI has gone dead to input. It's still taking transport and animating, but no controls respond to input.

I can close & open the plugin window and the logo splash appears and can be dismissed, but again the controls are all dead.

If it was a demo restriction I'd be expecting a popup to tell me so…

macOS 10.14.6
Ableton Live 10.1.41
MacbookPro 15,3 (2.4GH i9, 32GB RAM, Vega20)

Looking at some of the complex patches in the second tutorial something that concerns me is actually working with dense wiring, how to click on exactly the wire you want or see where something goes.

One thing I remember Reaktor doing was that if you clicked on a module it would highlight the wires going into and out of that module. I don't remember if it actually made it harder to click on other wires but probably such a behaviour (perhaps triggered by a key combo) would have made life easier.

Hello folks,

I cannot feed the MIDI channels into Cubase 11 independently! See photos. Nest always sends on all 16 channels simultaneously.

If I set in Cubase the MIDI input for a plug-in on channel 3 but I only activate channel 1 on voice 1 in Nest, Cubase still receives MIDI data on channel 3 !!! How that?

Greetings and thanks for any advices.
Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
♥♥♥ Synthia ♥♥♥

Darn. Was hoping for an intro discount for owners of Thesys.

mevla wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:23 pm
Soman wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:00 pm Above this, I think it would be a great advantage overall if the outputs could be locked when changing presets.
It looks and it sounds like a bug. If I choose the 'Chordie' preset then the Multi-Outs option, I can add channels in Bitwig and each internal synth has then its own channel.

If I change the preset to 'Beat N Synths' then a loud noise is heard on channel 4, and faint noises on channels 2 and 3 while channel 1 is OK.

It would indeed be nice if the channel assign could stay while changing presets.

Using Nest with multiple outs is great.

Tschüß.
ok, noted for 1.0.3!

sandbags wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:42 am Looking at some of the complex patches in the second tutorial something that concerns me is actually working with dense wiring, how to click on exactly the wire you want or see where something goes.

One thing I remember Reaktor doing was that if you clicked on a module it would highlight the wires going into and out of that module. I don't remember if it actually made it harder to click on other wires but probably such a behaviour (perhaps triggered by a key combo) would have made life easier.
in a dense wiring situation, click the ports.
wire editor will show each connected wire and hovering wires will show connections by name and highlight the corresponding patch wire, hope that helps :)

Sugar Bytes wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:50 pm
sandbags wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:42 am Looking at some of the complex patches in the second tutorial something that concerns me is actually working with dense wiring, how to click on exactly the wire you want or see where something goes.

in a dense wiring situation, click the ports.
wire editor will show each connected wire and hovering wires will show connections by name and highlight the corresponding patch wire, hope that helps :)
Okay thanks, that's useful.

A couple of thoughts: I'd like the highlighting to be more constrasty, also I immediately wanted to be able to keep it highlighted while working with the wires. Would it be possible to implement some kind of combo that would preserve highlighting after you stop clicking on the port. Would make it easier to work with the wires from the port.

Also there is still, in my Reaktor experience, a lot of value in being able to see all inputs & outputs for a module, not just a single port. It can make it much easier to figure out what's going on after you've been away from a patch a while.

I'm a bit surprised that the plugin hosting is only for VST2, not VST3. With Reason announcing that they are working on VST3 I had been hoping to finally avoid duplication of plugin formats on my system. And increasingly plugins are being released with no VST2 version.

Is VST3 support on the update roadmap? Was this driven by a technical reason that means it is unlikely to ever be there?

---
Last edited by sandbags on Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

This will be great on the iPAD when it comes out- almost seems like it was designed with that in mind from beginning...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:30 pm This will be great on the iPAD when it comes out- almost seems like it was designed with that in mind from beginning...
On the iPad a semi-modular Midi mangler certainly makes a lot of sense. On the desktop there is tough competition, not just regarding the price…

Quite a lot of the SB stuff seems 'more at home' on the iPAD, I noticed they just released Looperator for iOS - looks like it was always an iPAD App!

https://sugar-bytes.de/looperator-ipad
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

sandbags wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:44 pm Would it be possible to implement some kind of combo that would preserve highlighting after you stop clicking on the port. Would make it easier to work with the wires from the port.
thanks, power-combo is a good idea, we will think about it!

thomasueber wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:19 pm Hello folks,

I cannot feed the MIDI channels into Cubase 11 independently! See photos. Nest always sends on all 16 channels simultaneously.

If I set in Cubase the MIDI input for a plug-in on channel 3 but I only activate channel 1 on voice 1 in Nest, Cubase still receives MIDI data on channel 3 !!! How that?

Greetings and thanks for any advices.
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

I'm afraid to tell you that in Cubase this is not possible unfortunately. At least not without some extra stuff going. In contrast to eg Studio One, Cubase on itself is not able to filter incoming MIDIstreams by MIDI channel. Unfortunately, the way Cubase works, it takes all the MIDI data that an instrument is outputting on multiple channels and combines it (Nest's 16 channels) into one channel. That's why I also already asked the Steinberg guys for how to specifically filter MIDI channels on an instrument track in Cubase and they suggested to use the Input Transformer: https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_plugi ... mer_r.html

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine

Sugar Bytes wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 am
Hi Thomas,

I'm afraid to tell you that in Cubase this is not possible unfortunately. At least not without some extra stuff going. In contrast to eg Studio One, Cubase on itself is not able to filter incoming MIDIstreams by MIDI channel. Unfortunately, the way Cubase works, it takes all the MIDI data that an instrument is outputting on multiple channels and combines it (Nest's 16 channels) into one channel. That's why I also already asked the Steinberg guys for how to specifically filter MIDI channels on an instrument track in Cubase and they suggested to use the Input Transformer: https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_plugi ... mer_r.html

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine
Hi Nadine,

okay. I had already managed MIDI data several times with Logical Editor in Cubase. I think it's worth a try. I would never have thought of the Input Transformer myself. Thanks for your help. I can leave here a feedback if I have solved the problem.

Kind regards,
Thomas
♥♥♥ Synthia ♥♥♥

Return to “Sugar Bytes”