Nothing - EDMish

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, been a while since i posted here. Got a new EDM track i'd appreciate any feedback on. My first track i think the kickdrum is quite ok and not as messy like my previous tracks since i've learnt more about it. However the melody is repetetive due to laziness lol, but i am focused on making everything else better so ignore that part hehe.

https://soundcloud.com/mushroomcar/nothing

- How is the kickdrum/bass? been struggeling to learn this.
- I worry the more quiet parts of the track are too quiet- is the intro and 2nd breakdown too quiet? How do i avoid this - since they might be too high in the drop if i raise their volume level them in the intro?
- How is the volume balance between all sounds?
- How is the EQuing? Should something be EQued more and how/why?
- How is it in your hardware? Car/headphones/smartphone/monitors?
- Is it loud enough? What tips do you have on making it louder if its not loud enough?
- Tried parallell compression for first time and it made the track feel more alive.

What specifics should i focus on to make it better? What is lacking or what should be corrected first? What would make you like this track better?

Thank you for all constructive feedback! :phones:

freq spedtrm balance, dynamics ad mix was ok, composition and sounds were of the generic sort heard millions of times.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:45 am freq spedtrm balance, dynamics ad mix was ok, composition and sounds were of the generic sort heard millions of times.
Thx for feedback, i agree, i will try make more unique stuff. ^^

Return to “Music Cafe”