Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

The expansions that they have sold though have been mostly for charitable reasons, rather than a company revenue stream - specifically the two you mention. (The New Orleans one is still very cool!)

The only exceptions were the initial batch of RMX expansions, which were material largely compiled from previous Akai-era libraries - and then they eventually bundled those into Stylus RMX anyway. I expected more expansions would come, but nope...

In the meantime, over the past years, they *could* have been building a large library of commercial expansions for all their instruments, especially RMX which would keep it's sounds a bit more contemporary to current production styles, but my point was they specifically chose not to do this, and instead invested their sound design effort into expanding the current instruments, or building new ones (eg Keyscape).

My pet joke theory about the lack of RMX updates is that everytime they finally finish the RMX2 content and get ready for release, they realise that five new EDM/commercial/pop genres have been created in the meantime, so they set about making sure they have content for those genres, then get ready for release and... rinse and repeat... ;)

Arashi wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:58 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:56 pm
CrystalWizard wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:46 pm I came here looking for an argument.
No you didn't.
Finally, this thread pays off. Was looking grim for a few pages there.
For those who don't get the reference..... :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAvcGcEc0k&t=10s
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I really hope that if it is a new product that RMX is coming from behind in the slipstream.
I use it all the time as it’s loop libraries as well as third party libraries still have a lot going for them.
Fingers crossed.

kelvyn wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:46 pm I really hope that if it is a new product that RMX is coming from behind in the slipstream.
I use it all the time as it’s loop libraries as well as third party libraries still have a lot going for them.
Fingers crossed.
Unfortunately, they said it was Not rhythmic.

Whatever it is, I hope it's not $500.

My guess is they are "announcing" but not releasing anything tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath for an actual product yet.

Just got an email from Eric. He let me in on the new products. You’ll be very impressed and very surprised (I know I am). He told me not to tell anyone.

Some physical modelled specialty?
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

hoxclab wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:15 pm Just got an email from Eric. He let me in on the new products. You’ll be very impressed and very surprised (I know I am). He told me not to tell anyone.
He emailed me too. Totally. We're close like that :hihi:

Love when people post stuff that is basically "I am so special I already know, but I am bound by secrecy so in reality I am offering absolutely nothing of value to this conversation"

:D

Imagine if they teased this weeks ago...

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:54 pm Imagine if they teased this weeks ago...
It's another reason I'm okay with it - 4 days of This Sort Of Thing after a 5 year gap is ok. I think 8dio started teasing Soundpaint a year ago, and they release stuff every 18 minutes.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I think it will be the best thing since the last best thing, and everyone will love it (except ppl who think it's overpriced, they will hate it)

dblock wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:06 pm Whatever it is, I hope it's not $500.
Right, in 2021 even the peasants can afford that. It should be at least three times that to signal how exclusive it is.

Yeah, Eric emailed me too and said that the big news is that all of their products will require iLok, eLicenser, AND their new proprietary dongle, OmniLock. My reply was “isn’t that hardware?” He hasn’t replied yet. :shrug:

Totally not what you expected, right?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

i dont think im breaking any ndas by revealing, it will be blueish.
or another colour.

Return to “Instruments”