accSone Crusher-X V9 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well! as the title already explains, a new version of Crusher-X has been released, V9...

https://youtu.be/BQLlDh7HJdk

for all info about the new features;

https://www.accsone.com/crusherx/newin9

looks a great update for what is already a great product

fairlyclose wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:04 pm looks a great update for what is already a great product
indeed, quite impressive, and it already was.
and as always, although i am quite new to Crusher-X, along the way a lot will be added.
but for now enough. more than enough....
Last edited by WasteLand on Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It may be verry good , but the price is unrealistic
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:58 pm It may be verry good , but the price is unrealistic
Unrealistic for who? This is not some simple granular

for me

fairlyclose wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:43 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:58 pm It may be verry good , but the price is unrealistic
Don't get me wrong , I am not a cheapskate, far from it ..
I come from the days when reaktor was still sold for 450 euro , while crusher -x was then a fraction of the cost of what it is today .
Sure it feature set has changed dramatically but so has the world's economy , 289 euro for a verry advanced ( not simple :D ) granular vsti is a lot of money .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:05 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:43 pm
Don't get me wrong , I am not a cheapskate, far from it ..
I come from the days when reaktor was still sold for 450 euro , while crusher -x was then a fraction of the cost of what it is today .
Sure it feature set has changed dramatically but so has the world's economy , 289 euro for a verry advanced ( not simple :D ) granular vsti is a lot of money .
yeah it is definitely expensive but if one just forgoes 10 or 20 impulse buys on things that arent that great in reality then really you have saved money buying it :)

its expensive, but its not necesseariyl unfair. its just the hulk of all granular plugins. it is very sophisticated advanced software and from all software i know of of this pricerange one of the very few worth that much money. but some sales action here and there could help though. ^^

its certainly not my range, together with stuff like melodyne, keyscape, komplete asf

Huge monster update !!

nice update. M1 support is a good sign. promises huge gains in efficiency per the website.

It can be as good and great and even better and be worth three times of that, the price won‘t get me over the fence. If this is the case for 70% of potential customers they loose money… Its as simple as that…
It even does not convince me to demo it and I heard only great things about crusher x…

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:11 am It can be as good and great and even better and be worth three times of that, the price won‘t get me over the fence. If this is the case for 70% of potential customers they loose money… Its as simple as that…
It even does not convince me to demo it and I heard only great things about crusher x…
Why is that? Just curious here, not challenging you nor picking at you. Pure curiosity on why you feel that way. Because of the (quite steep) update price?

No, the full price. You can get a complete Bitwig in a sale for that price.
The fence is too high, I don‘t even try…

I'll chime in as a decade-long granular aficionado to a degree and say I feel the same. It's to high by a factor of two. But that's their pricing model: They want to be the boutique of boutique niche plug-ins where a small circle of customers pays a lot of money to drive the same car to work as a specific group of influencers do, which is fine. It's a good car.

Ultimately it's an experimental plugin though so nothing in there is really 'needed'. It's cool to have longer grain streams than the competition for example (is that still the case even? Is there even a "competition" with this sort of thing?), but only a handful of us will ever find themselves sitting there going, "this sounds okay but I can't finish unless I get longer grain streams on this granular soundscape." You paint with the pallette you have and this is a very steep price for a few very specific shades of green. I'm old enough to know there's nothing there I can't do without but someone else will likely come to a different conclusion.

That said, v9 looks great. I'm actually glad it's not €100 or so cheaper because I probably couldn't resist at some point. As it stands however my money is safe. :D

Return to “Instruments”