Zero Crossing Snapings and Mute

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am used to mute unnecessary elements, for example, breathing announcers through the mute command. This is done in the Snapping Zero Crossings mode at SoundForge.

I get absolute, click-free jamming.

zc.gif

But in Acoustica 7, you have to select Expant to Zero Crossings and press Mute every time. But it still doesn't work that way. Expant to Zero Crossings is chosen not to the zero point, but, apparently, the nearest one. And the Mute command adds fade out / fade in rather than completely muffling the sound.

zca.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Did you try to disable "Automatic Splice De-click" in the Edit menu?

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:19 am Did you try to disable "Automatic Splice De-click" in the Edit menu?

Best,
Stian
Ohh, sorry, I didn't guess.

Now it worked. But it turns out unnecessary movement of the mouse or keyboard. 1. Highlight - 2. set zero points - 3. mute. I work with hundreds of files, and this results in a thousand unnecessary movements. It would probably be convenient if Expant to Zero Crossings were installed automatically.

future-bit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:32 am But it turns out unnecessary movement of the mouse or keyboard. 1. Highlight - 2. set zero points - 3. mute. I work with hundreds of files, and this results in a thousand unnecessary movements. It would probably be convenient if Expant to Zero Crossings were installed automatically.
I agree, it would be very convinient to have an option to automatically select "To Zero Crossing", without calling "Expand to Zero Crossing" function every time (see WaveLab e.g.)

Automatically expanding to zero crossings is straight-forward to implement and we'll try to get it into version 7.4.

Best,
Stian

It's there and works fine! :D Thank you!

Gades wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:10 am It's there and works fine! :D Thank you!
Good to hear! :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”