More pattern

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there I'm new in this forum. I'ld like to know a few things if you could help me please 🙏:
- Is there a way to buy new patterns for Strategy, Sunbird , Telematic and GD6 ? (I did them but I found it sounds not terrible !)
- Does exist a place where users can share patterns the have created ?
- where to find great tutorials to go deeper with this instruments ( not basic, I've already seen them😉). I mean, if I want to get results as good as the demos...
Thanks for your help 👍🏽

The pattern generator in Sunbird is, according to my personal opinion, hopelessly convoluted and user un-friendly.

As for instructions, there are virtually none, except for:
"Creating realistic guitar patterns has never been easier. You can create strumming, picking, or finger picking patterns in seconds and even make them of an infinite size." Well, NOT!

Just one example: Assume that you somehow have managed to make someting like a simple pattern and then save it, and assign it to one of the pattern playing piano keys.

Then you want to edit it. So you click this promising button: Open Editor.

If you reasonably assumed that you would find your preset in the Pattern window, ready for editing, you're going to be disappointed. The Pattern 'fretboard' is empty.

So, you go to the Factory Presets, where you find your saved Preset #72 and select it.

What happens? Again, nothing!

Stupid user thought that selecting a saved preset from list would load it. Ha!

Instead, you have to click the LOAD button and try to find your preset in a Finder window!

In my most benevolent mood, I might assume that the UVI Workstation is/was an unsuitable environment for programming an [over]ambitious Pattern generator. If not, this is just really bad programming.

At the very least, Acoustic Samples should provide a dedicated, pedagogic and detailed step-by-step PDF and a related, narrated instruction video.

Also, it wouldn't have hurt to include patterns other than four-on-the floor ones, such as 5/4, 3/4 and 6/8.

As it is, I totally regret purchasing Sunbird mainly for what appeared to be an easy-to-learn pattern generator. I want to use my time here on Earth playing, not wrestling with an obtuse, over-complicated Chinese puzzle. I'm very disappointed, and I'm moving over to Real Guitar.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “AcousticsampleS”