Strum patterns don't seem to be working as expected

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is probably user error, but I cannot seem to get it figured out. I have set up chords in the piano roll and assigned 3 different strum patterns to 3 different keys. However when I hit play a few things are happening that I cannot figure out.

I have a strum pattern set up that is just playing basic progression of A > F > C in standard tuning.

Pattern:
strum pattern.PNG
Piano roll:
piano roll.PNG
Every time the pattern starts it plays the full chord instead of how it is set up in the strum pattern (hitting only the bottom 3 strings). Also, sometimes the low notes are not being struck on the first couple of notes even though they are included in the pattern - it might play on the last 2 strums but not on the first two. Do I not have something set up right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Which chord mode are you using?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Ah, I did notice I was in Disabled mode - flipping that to held notes only got rid of the chord ringing out issue, but seems to have made the low notes not being struck issue worse. I've zipped an export of the beginning of the track (I hope that's alright). You can hear the low notes of A > F > C just missing occasionally. Any idea what might be causing that?
no low notes.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Can you try slightly anticipating the chords, even just by a 32nd note? Maybe it isn't recognizing the chord time in time for that first strum since those MIDI notes are happening at the same exact time.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

This was the ticket! I pulled the start of every chord 1/32 back and it got rid of the issues...thanks!

Ah, glad to hear that did the trick! And just so you know, that's something I'm hoping to improve in the future so that you can have chords happen at the same time as a strumming pattern, but it knows to prioritize interpreting the chord voicing so that the initial strum plays the correct notes.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:33 am Ah, glad to hear that did the trick! And just so you know, that's something I'm hoping to improve in the future so that you can have chords happen at the same time as a strumming pattern, but it knows to prioritize interpreting the chord voicing so that the initial strum plays the correct notes.
I move the pattern trigger notes a little to right when i use held notes only. so it work on loop play too. maybe a quick solution is when the trigger notes are from the script 1/64 delayed before process. then the start of pattern is 1/64 later but i dont think this can hear
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”