What's up with all Venture Capitalist buying (IK Multimedia now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im out.

midi_transmission wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:22 pm …ignore these big business that are lead by venture capitalists….
Did you post that using your iPhone? 🤔
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

vurt wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:29 pmim out.
Of the bag?
Of the closet?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 pm
Of the bag?
Of the closet?
sorry, thought we was doing dragons den :shrug:

vurt wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:34 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 pm
Of the bag?
Of the closet?
sorry, thought we was doing dragons den :shrug:
Ahh, I must brush up on my cultural references!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

wuworld wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:18 pmReason Studios/forgot the company
Verdane.

I wish I was a venture capitalist!
Or better, be bought out by a VC. Well, except I don’t wanna put in the 25 years of hard work first…

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:32 pm
midi_transmission wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:22 pm …ignore these big business that are lead by venture capitalists….
What you trying to imply is not my point :-)

All I say is that I prefer it by far to buy products build by people who loves the product with a quality first approach and sustainability. That's often not what an by venture capitalists optimised business does.

Hence, in the long run I'm sure we get better and more satisfying products by supporting the product focused boutique devs.

midi_transmission wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:06 pm All I say is that I prefer it by far to buy products build by people who loves the product with a quality first approach and sustainability. That's often not what an by venture capitalists optimised business does.

Hence, in the long run I'm sure we get better and more satisfying products by supporting the product focused boutique devs.
And eventually those boutique devs get acquired or fold.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

aaaallllllrighty then!

midi_transmission wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:06 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:32 pm
What you trying to imply is not my point :-)
but did you though?? 🤷‍♂️
Venture capitalists don’t design and programme software. Software engineers do
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

midi_transmission wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:22 pm We have a great ecosystem in the audio world with these boutique devs and are not depended on the big ones for software, like it is with Adobe.
Seems to me that in the PC world, Steinberg is the company we're all beholden to with respect to their VST standard.

Want to contemplate a nightmare scenario? Suppose Apple decides it want to corner the computer-based music production market. It buys Steinberg for pocket change (for Apple, it would be pocket change). Kiss everything we know PC/music-wise goodbye. :pray:

wuworld wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:18 pm What's up with all the venture capitalist taking major stake in all the audio companies
Izotope/NI
Output/Summit Holdings ($45 million investment)
Arturia/EMZ Partners (https://mergr.com/emz-partners-acquires-arturia)
Imageline/Waterland Investments (https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 2050573312)
Fender (not a VC)/Presonus
Reason Studios/forgot the company

Now IK multimedia possibly. Check here-https://thecarriedinterest.com/2021/11/ ... ultimedia/

So who do you have confidence the most with these moves?
peter said its bullshit :)

It may well be, but having been through it myself Peter wouldn't know unless he was the owner, it is all done under NDAs between the seller an the buyer.

just relaying his sentiments :)

Return to “Effects”