Have you ever considered creating a standalone performance VST for strumming patterns and chord libraries?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Firstly, I would like to say that I love your sample libraries because the level of detail that you put into them.

One thing that I would love to see is a midi performance VST that could be placed ahead of Kontakt to handle the strum patterns and chord libraries. It is amazing what you have been able to accomplish within the framework of Kontakt but there are some limitations that keep these features from being as great as they could be.

1) Kontakt only allows for so much room for the patterns to be displayed. A separate midi VST could allow you to utilize the entire screen and see a much larger section of the pattern. This would make setting up patterns much easier. It would allow for much longer patterns and even dragging and dropping pattern blocks for building full songs similar to EZ Bass or Superior Drummer.

2) The current GUI is not as responsive as it could be outside of Kontakt. In its current form, I find making fine adjustments to the strum speed and strings played (especially when trying to set up single string picking patterns) to be a little clunky.

3) In a separate VST, a user could save individual chord variation presets that they would like and then drag and drop to assign them to the trigger keys or even allow them to be set in the pattern itself (see EZ Bass or EZ Keys).

4) Finally, I would think a separate performance VST would allow you to overcome some of the chord recognition speed issues that are encountered with the Kontakt scripts. You could build in any offsets that are required to make the note selection/triggering play more smoothly and reliably.

I realize that this would be a big undertaking but you could essentially have an EZ Guitar type product but with the Orange Tree sound and quality. It would be amazing and I think the added ease of use would make your libraries even that much more popular!

Thanks for all that you do and have a great holiday season!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”