Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

LeVzi wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:10 amWhy would they remove presets ? AFAIK they just add more to the factory bank, they don't remove.
IIRC it was just the TV and movie themes XP, where they ripped off actual tunes. They got replaced with soundalikes in an update.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Caine123 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:57 am thx a lot! nono, im thankful you wanna help out :).
what i wanna do is get nexus 3/4 but WITHOUT loosing Nexus2 license. afaik correctly, maybe i remember wrong, you need to get a seperate license.
As long as you consider that your Nexus 2 license may stop working eventually when Steinberg stop the elicenser system.

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:37 am
LeVzi wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:10 amWhy would they remove presets ? AFAIK they just add more to the factory bank, they don't remove.
IIRC it was just the TV and movie themes XP, where they ripped off actual tunes. They got replaced with soundalikes in an update.
Ah right , OK, that would make sense.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Ryan99 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:27 am
Caine123 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:57 am thx a lot! nono, im thankful you wanna help out :).
what i wanna do is get nexus 3/4 but WITHOUT loosing Nexus2 license. afaik correctly, maybe i remember wrong, you need to get a seperate license.
As long as you consider that your Nexus 2 license may stop working eventually when Steinberg stop the elicenser system.

Since it doesn't phone home I don't think it will stop working in that regard, however if your elicenser dongle gets damaged or broken you probably would'nt be able to transfer it to a new dongle once SB stops the elicenser system.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:51 am Since it doesn't phone home I don't think it will stop working in that regard, however if your elicenser dongle gets damaged or broken you probably would'nt be able to transfer it to a new dongle once SB stops the elicenser system.
And also some stage down the line there's a good chance elicenser will stop working with a future OS. Some way off yet though, hopefully.

VST2 shows that Steinberg's patience with old technology is finite.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:04 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:51 am Since it doesn't phone home I don't think it will stop working in that regard, however if your elicenser dongle gets damaged or broken you probably would'nt be able to transfer it to a new dongle once SB stops the elicenser system.
And also some stage down the line there's a good chance elicenser will stop working with a future OS. Some way off yet though, hopefully.

VST2 shows that Steinberg's patience with old technology is finite.
Indeed.
rsp
sound sculptist

hmmm it is really a pain, i mean with somce warez stuff they can use it without elicenser and as a legal customer you have to be afraid? wtf?

i still have hypersonic2 (not going offtopic) and they should provide offline authentification.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:04 pm And also some stage down the line there's a good chance elicenser will stop working with a future OS. Some way off yet though, hopefully.
I'm not sure I'd make that assumption since eLicenser will need OS level drivers, and who can say if macOS 13 or windows 12 will support prior-OS drivers, or if the drivers will work as-is.

Isn't that exactly what he is saying? :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Except that both OS's are due late this year, and thus not 'some way off', yes.

msvs wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:40 pm out now
https://youtu.be/hiaT4VVnF8A
Looks like a nice pack. Too bad it is only available for Nexus 4!

NikkiA wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:00 pm Except that both OS's are due late this year, and thus not 'some way off', yes.
Elicenser is still being developed btw. I am pretty confident it will work with at least any new OS released this year.

Rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

are nexus xps sometimes on sale as a pack? like 5 for 30% off etc
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

the more you add in your shopping cart, the higher the discount

Return to “Instruments”