vurt - think im just about done here, time to move on i think.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Far out, man. Did you use a granulator on a person speaking for part of that. I heard voices, and I want to make sure they are not just in my head.

Also, title could be innocent or scary. Don't leave. You are needed here.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I like granular, and I like ambient! Some interesting sounds and textures in here.

I hope you're not leaving KVR, unless you feel you need a break from this place (understandable).
A well-behaved signature.

:lol: no, just "here" as in this track/patch. this is a short snippet of 3 days adding more samples to the 3 granular samplers, looping and playing, repeat...
about 15/20 hours all in, just preparing the patch, while it's looping.

need to move on to something a little more structured/melodic maybe :)

if i ever do leave i wouldn't announce it, id only look stupid a week later when i remembered something i wanted to say :lol:

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:50 am Far out, man. Did you use a granulator on a person speaking for part of that. I heard voices, and I want to make sure they are not just in my head.

Also, title could be innocent or scary. Don't leave. You are needed here.
theres a few voices, doesn't matter what they're really saying :hihi: (non abusive, just isn't important) there's a lion too :o

the whole idea is a visualisation of a large city scape at night, as you stalk the streets, you hear bits of this and bits of that, but you are moving quick, no one hangs around in "this city" after dark :-o

i do ocassionally miss city life :hihi,:

very intersting. the little short melody is a really nice sound. what is it?

but i think your title is almost clickbait :D
first i thought: what? will he leave?

btw: is your file in Mono? (or maybe i just messed up my settings again...)
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Every time I play something like this I think that I would listent for a small bit and move on, but I always stay to the end. Very hypnotic for sure.

Think of it as a bits of restored data after our civilization were vanished by a global disaster and then the alien race discovered our world. This is what they managed to extract from our broken data storages. All our media fragmented and mixed together in a heap of unreadable mess that wont give any answers of what happened. It seems like humans took all their knowledge into their graves.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Rushed to this thread prepared to write in panic "Don't go vurt!!! We love you!!".. instead I've been listening to this all out crazy awesomeness for the past 15 minutes (and still got more than 10 to go!! awesome!!)!

:tu:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:39 am very intersting. the little short melody is a really nice sound. what is it?
i think (theres a few bits id call melodic, but not many others would :hihi: ) thats the mutable instruments plaits. that was the only oscillator in use on this patch, the rest being samples in granulars. (some of the samples are of oscillators i guess...) if its a sound in that lot, could be anything from a guitar to a lion :lol:
but i think your title is almost clickbait :D
first i thought: what? will he leave?
youll find, you dont leave, you cant even if you want to :o
its liek hotel california!! :scared:
btw: is your file in Mono? (or maybe i just messed up my settings again...)
not mono, but the two tracks arent fully panned, as when i did, it left a huge gap in the middle, which is apparently unsettling on headphones :lol:
but a few moments it does spread a little :)

thanks for listening :)

VCA-089 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:19 am Every time I play something like this I think that I would listent for a small bit and move on, but I always stay to the end. Very hypnotic for sure.
:) thats good to hear, theres something there that keeps someone other than me hooked :hihi:
Think of it as a bits of restored data after our civilization were vanished by a global disaster and then the alien race discovered our world. This is what they managed to extract from our broken data storages. All our media fragmented and mixed together in a heap of unreadable mess that wont give any answers of what happened. It seems like humans took all their knowledge into their graves.
8)
awesome!
i always say it, one of the best things about what i do, for me, is when you people hear it, and come up with all these visual stories. thanks for that :D

bmanic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:24 am Rushed to this thread prepared to write in panic "Don't go vurt!!! We love you!!"
where would i go? nowhere else will have me :lol:
.. instead I've been listening to this all out crazy awesomeness for the past 15 minutes (and still got more than 10 to go!! awesome!!)!

:tu:
glad to hear youre enjoying the ride :D

Return to “Music Cafe”