Arturia V8 Collection or Syntronik 2 Max?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Max V2 V Collection X

seismicfm wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:33 pm After avoiding Arturia for years since I'm a U-he fanboy, I finally demod most of their synths and I'm kind of blown away by the quality. I was expecting mid 2000s rob papen soft synth quality, but some of the synths like SEM and Modular sound amazing. I'm not sure how accurate they are to the hardware. They do have good low end, don't sound too thin and fit in a mix pretty well.
I have a hardware Juno 6 and when I am bored I play match the Arturia sliders to my Juno, and the resulting sound is pretty near identical. Sometimes the sliders don't match exactly and need a bit of tweaking,but they are always pretty close.The hardware Juno maybe has that certain something extra, but the results are still pretty amazing.

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:03 pm Why does something have to be better than something else? It’s all in the eye / ear of the user. If one or other works for you then go for it. It’s all subjective until someone ultimately defines ‘best’
🤷‍♂️
This is KVR, each persons preference is also the best for everyone else :ud:

.... ...

Oh, Arturia, definitely; you can do lots of tweaking.
Wait…
• Unless you want fuller, richer, more dynamic, more authentic sound… then Syntronik 2.
• Unless you want a consistent and larger, more comprehensive set of effects… then Syntronik 2.
• Unless you want 4 preset/instrument layering; with independent arp/sequencer, full effects, midi control (PB, mod wheel, sustain, aftertouch) filtering, keyboard range, velocity range, and tuning per layer… then Syntronik 2.
• Unless you want a significantly lower price; especially with the current amazing group buy pricing… then Syntronik 2.
• Unless you want sounds from more classic synths… then Syntronik 2.
• Unless you want the choice of 7 filters (including circuit-level models of 4 well-known classics) per instrument preset… then Syntronik 2.
Yeah, otherwise definitely Arturia, especially if you want pianos and organs.

I own and love Arturia, especially Pigments. But when it comes to rich, full, authentic sound, IMHO many of those Syntronik 2 sounds just can't be beat.

Note: The preceding opinion is mine; go get your own! Download the free Syntronik 2 and give it a test. Or, at least go to the Syntronik 2 webpage and listen to the demos (on good speakers or headphones).

I have the V Collection 8 and I’m pretty happy with the sounds.

MegaPixel wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:42 pm It's all in the title... Which would you go for?

Arturia V8 Collection for €199
or
IKMultimedia Syntronik 2 Max for €149.99

What's the peoples thoughts?

Syntronik 2 Max << hands down >> best of the best :)
and currently 'on sale' for only $199 rather than $1600 !!! Go for it

Chipi wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:03 pm
MegaPixel wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:42 pm It's all in the title... Which would you go for?

Arturia V8 Collection for €199
or
IKMultimedia Syntronik 2 Max for €149.99

What's the peoples thoughts?

Syntronik 2 Max << hands down >> best of the best :)
and currently 'on sale' for only $199 rather than $1600 !!! Go for it
Old post now...

I got my hands on Total Studio Max 3.5 for $99, has everything (nearly), it does have some good instruments but the UI, the software manager and each install seeming to have different issues is a major pain for me. Software ecosystem on IK is a bit of a mess and this licence enable, disable only with installed machine and not on website is dumb. Only thing I have installed from IK now is mixbox, the rest is in on HD in the draw should I ever wish to give them a try again.

Now I have Arturia V9, way better, no re-install issues and no licencing issues.

Still find this the weirdest comparison.
Arturia beats IKM a zillion times.
On synths, on FX, on everything.

Fleer wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:54 am Still find this the weirdest comparison.
Arturia beats IKM a zillion times.
On synths, on FX, on everything.
Well, maybe Arturia has a little more useable stuff to offer, but they don't really deserve an award.
Especially pigments is overhyped and the sound mediocre and boring imo.
I re-sold V collection and bought two synths of V Collection second hand. IKM has some very nice effects, but not a lot.
Companies like IKM, Arturia NI and Plugin Alliance offer a very lot of plugins, most of them mediocre or unusable, though.
It all depends on what you want and like
and what you will use in your projects

On the Arturia topic I think it’s a really slick company but I would normally consider selling my Arturia 9 Collection and the set of presets I own for it. I don’t know why more people don’t rave about Arturia on here I just kind of don’t love it.

Return to “Instruments”