Arturia V8 Collection or Syntronik 2 Max?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Max V2 V Collection X

Arturia V Collection.

It's a better product, and it doesn't eat up massive amounts of Disk Space (80-200GB for Syntronik/Syntronik 2). It's also exponentially more RAM-efficient, and the host software (player) is superior.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Definitely the Arturia collection. I still have a Moog modular license from 2004 with Arturia. IK has what can only be called a “janky” business model. There’s a YouTube video on it. Mind you, I am not knocking IK products. I own some, and I think they’re great. It’s just that the products you buy are only able to be downloaded from their site for 1 year, and they suggest you save your installers after that. Basically, that means no support after a year. Janky
https://youtu.be/9qmIlW6NNsU

W23 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:17 pm It’s just that the products you buy are only able to be downloaded from their site for 1 year, and they suggest you save your installers after that. Basically, that means no support after a year.
Nope, software downloads are available permanently. The main sounds library download are available for 180 days after the product is Registered. After that buying a single Download Reactivation Credit ($10?) makes all the Sounds Library downloads available for a further 180 days.

Yes, IK Multimedia does recommend that you make a back-up of the sounds library downloads to avoid that Reactivation fee. Having a back-up also avoids the time (hours and hours) needed to download the files too.

Products are supported while they are current. I have also had help with older products too.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

$10 to redownload something you already paid for is penny pinching and loses them much more in sales than they gain by trying to screw over customers. MOST customers are not going to even try to redownload their software after 180 days - after two or three years, many people will have stopped using a specific IKM product, the vast majority will have no need to redownload it because they saved it on their hard drive, or haven't uninstalled the original product, or haven't installed a new version of Windows, etc. It's ridiculous paranoia on the part of IKM. I can just imagine them sitting in a meeting and thinking - shit - somebody might try to download this software more than once, it will cost us at least ONE PENNY in bandwidth - let's charge them $10 to save that ONE PENNY they might screw us out of. Laughable. I download new versions of FL Studio when they come out - probably five or more times a year? 600MB each time. Lifetime free upgrades. I never pay Image Line anything ever again, and I and EVERY OTHER FL Studio owner downloads the latest version many, many times a year. How do they survive if it actually costs $10 to download one of IKM's products?
And watch the video above! Gigabytes and gigabytes of downloads, then a ridiculously time consuming installation process.

W23 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:17 pm Definitely the Arturia collection. I still have a Moog modular license from 2004 with Arturia. IK has what can only be called a “janky” business model. There’s a YouTube video on it. Mind you, I am not knocking IK products. I own some, and I think they’re great. It’s just that the products you buy are only able to be downloaded from their site for 1 year, and they suggest you save your installers after that. Basically, that means no support after a year. Janky
Not this crap again.
First of all, I would take whatever criticisms from this creeper in his 40s who's still living in his teenage bedroom and sexually harassing his 20+ year old poster of Björk with a pretty big grain of salt.

Quite a bit of misinformation to clear up here. The download limitation is for SampleTank-powered instruments' sounds only. You have 180 days to download your sounds, not 365. But the products are officially supported for the entirety of their lifespan, and in actuality, far longer than that. If you contact IK tech support, they'll typically give you another 180 days. And you can always purchase a reactivation credit, which opens all of your sounds downloads for every IK product for another 180 days.

If you lack the personal responsibility or organizational skills to make backups of your important files, you can instead purchase a boxed version of the software for a little more, and IK will send you DVDs of the sound installers. But if you lose your discs, are you going to demand IK replace them for free, too?

IK is not alone in giving time limited downloads. It's actually pretty common for makers of large sample libraries. You know how long Kirk Hunter gives you to download your libraries? TWO WEEKS.

_
Last edited by jamcat on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Darn, wish I knew this. My computer is down and I am not at home so I passed on the big sale because i thought I’d need my desktop to get activate and downloaded working the 180 or be doomed forever.

aman74 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:00 am
turtletooth wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:18 pm
DarkStar wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 pm
flori89 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:06 pm
DarkStar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:02 pm
MegaPixel wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:42 pm Arturia V8 Collection for €199
Maybe a silly question: but where are you seeing that price. Is it the upgrade from v7?
You need to own at least one Arturia Product to see that. If you grab Analoge Lite somewhere real quick then you will also get it for 199.
Thank you. I cannot see Analog Lite available anywhere. I do have an Arturia Account with the Analog Lab 4 demo in it.
If you check the buy/sell section here and at vi-control, you can sometimes find someone selling Analog Lab lite. I just picked it up and then the upgrade path to analog lab full was $70. Much cheaper path to getting Analog Lab than the current price.

I think that for a lot of people, Analog Lab is enough. With the whole V collection, to really do a deep dive, you need to learn the features and ui of each synth. Analog Lab and Syntronik are both preset browsers, but the experience is much nicer on Analog Lab.
So Analog Lab is comparable to the V8 collection?

I started looking for an upgrade path through hardware and to see if it came with any. Looks like Analog Lab comes with at least one keyboard that sells for 269….I barely looked so I’m guessing maybe it even comes with a cheaper one or the lite version might as well?

Anyone know any hardware that offers a good path to Analog Lab or V8?

Analog Lab compared to V8? Lab didn’t seem comparable with V8 only 100 more right now, but if it’s pretty good and I can get some needed hardware as well then that would be great.

What’s odd is some of their cooler hardware doesn’t seem to come with any software.
Bumping myself so I can get info to make a decision soon.

Little factoid. Once you download and install the software (within the 6 month grace period), make a backup of the installed files just as they sit on your hard drives. If you have a hard drive failure, you drag those backed up directory(ies) onto a new hard drive and just point the software to the sample directories , rescan, reauthorize and you'll be good again. I've been dragging my Sampletank libraries from build to build this way for years. Either that or budget 10 bucks and forget about it. Simple.

At least they have notices within the IK Product Manager so you can check out what is going on (the amount of days left or if it is expired, etc.). It's nice to have that reminder right there in case you forget when you originally bought the product. I have all my downloads backed up to external drives.

IK Manager.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jamcat wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:33 pm
W23 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:17 pm Definitely the Arturia collection. I still have a Moog modular license from 2004 with Arturia. IK has what can only be called a “janky” business model. There’s a YouTube video on it. Mind you, I am not knocking IK products. I own some, and I think they’re great. It’s just that the products you buy are only able to be downloaded from their site for 1 year, and they suggest you save your installers after that. Basically, that means no support after a year. Janky
Not this crap again.
First of all, I would take whatever criticisms from this creeper in his 40s who's still living in his teenage bedroom and sexually harassing his 20+ year old poster of Björk with a pretty big grain of salt.

Quite a bit of misinformation to clear up here. The download limitation is for SampleTank-powered instruments' sounds only. You have 180 days to download your sounds, not 365. But the products are officially supported for the entirety of their lifespan, and in actuality, far longer than that. If you contact IK tech support, they'll typically give you another 180 days. And you can always purchase a reactivation credit, which opens all of your sounds downloads for every IK product for another 180 days.

If you lack the personal responsibility or organizational skills to make backups of your important files, you can instead purchase a boxed version of the software for a little more, and IK will send you DVDs of the sound installers. But if you lose your discs, are you going to demand IK replace them for free, too?

IK is not alone in giving time limited downloads. It's actually pretty common for makers of large sample libraries. You know how long Kirk Hunter gives you to download your libraries? TWO WEEKS.

_
I dunno man. Like I said, I have licenses (Arturia and Native Instruments) that go WAY back, and they’re still good. IK is not alone. I have some (actually a lot of) Waves plugins that are the same way. We’re past the time of discs and them being lost, so that’s hardly relevant. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by lifetime updates offered by others.

W23 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:42 pm I dunno man. Like I said, I have licenses (Arturia and Native Instruments) that go WAY back, and they’re still good. IK is not alone. I have some (actually a lot of) Waves plugins that are the same way. We’re past the time of discs and them being lost, so that’s hardly relevant. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by lifetime updates offered by others.
This doesn't hold up under scrutiny. If you purchased AmpliTube 2 in 2006, you can use those amps for free still in AmpliTube 5 CS. If you purchased Arturia Jup-8 V3 just a year ago, you have to pay to upgrade it to V4. If you purchased a Native Instruments synth in 2006, they abandoned it a long time ago, so you're out of luck.

But in all other cases, the licenses for all the software you purchased are still valid, whether it's IK, Arturia, or Waves. Just some have free upgrades and some have paid upgrades if you want to run a newer version.

jamcat wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:11 pm
W23 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:42 pm I dunno man. Like I said, I have licenses (Arturia and Native Instruments) that go WAY back, and they’re still good. IK is not alone. I have some (actually a lot of) Waves plugins that are the same way. We’re past the time of discs and them being lost, so that’s hardly relevant. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by lifetime updates offered by others.
This doesn't hold up under scrutiny. If you purchased AmpliTube 2 in 2006, you can use those amps for free still in AmpliTube 5 CS. If you purchased Arturia Jup-8 V3 just a year ago, you have to pay to upgrade it to V4. If you purchased a Native Instruments synth in 2006, they abandoned it a long time ago, so you're out of luck.

But in all other cases, the licenses for all the software you purchased are still valid, whether it's IK, Arturia, or Waves. Just some have free upgrades and some have paid upgrades if you want to run a newer version.
It just depends on what you’re talking about, and sur, I’ve paid for upgrades to new versions of many, many titles. I swear I coasted on a copy of Reaktor 5 for a decade. I’ve installed Plug-in Alliance stuff across multiple computers since 2016, and can count on one hand how many upgrades I paid for.

Sure, nothing is permanent, but a year? I bought T-racks Max in 2019, and I have no regrets. However, if I need to move to another computer…Well, shame on me. I never saved my installer, and it bugs me. It just hits me wrong is all.

Back to NI. I’ve run Native Access (or whatever…they changed the manager name 3 times at least) for a ridiculous amount of time, I think I only lost out on one upgrade from Absynth 3 to Absynth 4 going back to 2009 (I haven’t been that deep into the Kontakt/Massive side of things, but they still support Kontakt 5 AND Massive). Native Access always knows who I am, and I’ve honestly never had a problem installing across multiple computers over the years. I’ve just come to realize I appreciate that kind of support is all. And I suppose that if I need to re-up on the next version of T-Racks when I upgrade to a new computer it won’t break the bank, but I’ll still have that “janky” feeling.

W23 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:53 pm Sure, nothing is permanent, but a year? I bought T-racks Max in 2019, and I have no regrets. However, if I need to move to another computer…Well, shame on me. I never saved my installer, and it bugs me. It just hits me wrong is all.
You are horribly misinformed.
You can install T-RackS on up to 10 computers at a time, and you can deauthorize computers to get back authorizations. And you can contact IK tech support for more authorizations if for some reason you run out.

And you don't have to pay for any of it again. If you bought a T-RackS single back in 2010, you can still install it on 10 computers at a time without paying a penny more since. Including the current version 5.8.

And if you need any T-RackS installer, from the first version you paid for up through version 5.8, you can download it from your User Area. For free.

Please inform yourself first before speaking. The ONLY thing people are talking about having to reactivate downloads for are the multi-GB sound libraries for SampleTank, Syntronik, etc.

Easy....V8.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Return to “Instruments”