[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! Excuse me I have a question. I'm thinking about migrating my audio system to Linux (I'm a Bitwig user), the only problem I have is related to kontakt. I own a lot of libraries in this platform and I was wondering if it would be possible to use this utility to convert my libraries from kontakt to any other sample manager with linux compatibility aka DS or maybe the default Bitwig multisample, I know i can use wine and yabridge but lastest Native access versions doesn't work properly on linux so i would prefer this method much better. Anyway, thank so much for your help and sorry for my english (I'm not a native english speaker)

thepisiest wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:01 pm Hello! Excuse me I have a question. I'm thinking about migrating my audio system to Linux (I'm a Bitwig user), the only problem I have is related to kontakt. I own a lot of libraries in this platform and I was wondering if it would be possible to use this utility to convert my libraries from kontakt to any other sample manager with linux compatibility aka DS or maybe the default Bitwig multisample, I know i can use wine and yabridge but lastest Native access versions doesn't work properly on linux so i would prefer this method much better. Anyway, thank so much for your help and sorry for my english (I'm not a native english speaker)
No, since Kontakt uses a proprietary encrypted file format. However, it will work for your own files if you have the WAV files separately. Then you can use the automatic WAV detector.

thepisiest wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:01 pm Hello! Excuse me I have a question. I'm thinking about migrating my audio system to Linux (I'm a Bitwig user), the only problem I have is related to kontakt. I own a lot of libraries in this platform and I was wondering if it would be possible to use this utility to convert my libraries from kontakt to any other sample manager with linux compatibility aka DS or maybe the default Bitwig multisample, I know i can use wine and yabridge but lastest Native access versions doesn't work properly on linux so i would prefer this method much better. Anyway, thank so much for your help and sorry for my english (I'm not a native english speaker)
Many have been using WINE and yabridge to run the windows version of kontakt as part of their linux daw quite successfully. Another option (if you want to stay linux native would be to use Bliss sampler an capture multisampled sfz patches of your kontakt presets. 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

moss wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:14 pm
No, since Kontakt uses a proprietary encrypted file format. However, it will work for your own files if you have the WAV files separately. Then you can use the automatic WAV detector.
Ok, thank you so much! Il'l try this way.

audiojunkie wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:40 am
Many have been using WINE and yabridge to run the windows version of kontakt as part of their linux daw quite successfully. Another option (if you want to stay linux native would be to use Bliss sampler an capture multisampled sfz patches of your kontakt presets. 🙂
Ok, thank you so much mate! I didn't know that sampler, definitely I''ll have a look into that!

Hi there, apologies if this has been asked already. I am trying to install on an M1 mac running MacOS 13.1. however after installing, I get an error message saying the application is damaged. Wondering if this is a compatibility issue with ARM and/or MacOS 13? Thanks in advance

nsolarz wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:14 am Hi there, apologies if this has been asked already. I am trying to install on an M1 mac running MacOS 13.1. however after installing, I get an error message saying the application is damaged. Wondering if this is a compatibility issue with ARM and/or MacOS 13? Thanks in advance
Please see the installation notes in the manual. It's just Macos keeping you safe :(

Thanks for the help, unfortunately that didn't do it. Not sure if the've added some additional lockdown in 13 :P

nsolarz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:35 am Thanks for the help, unfortunately that didn't do it. Not sure if the've added some additional lockdown in 13 :P
This is getting more and more rediculous...

I could replicate your issue on 13.1. Nevertheless, I could make it work the following way:
- after you did the xattr thing run it again and click away the error
- now open the system settings and go to "Privacy & Security Settings"
- at the very end there should now be a message saying something like 'publisher of ConvertWithMoss could not identified'.
- Click on the allow anyway button
- when you start ConvertWithMoss again you need to click away another 1000 dialogs but then it works

moss wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:45 am
nsolarz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:35 am Thanks for the help, unfortunately that didn't do it. Not sure if the've added some additional lockdown in 13 :P

I could replicate your issue on 13.1. Nevertheless, I could make it work the following way:
- at the very end there should now be a message saying something like 'publisher of ConvertWithMoss could not identified'.
- when you start ConvertWithMoss again you need to click away another 1000 dialogs but then it works
Will give this another go, thanks for the help!

moss wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:45 am

Confirming that finally did it! thank you again!

ConvertWithMoss 5.2.1 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Fixed: Bitwig Multisample files with old layer formatting had duplicated layers as output (e.g. when created with SampleRobot).
  • Fixed: Missing trigger types in Decenter Sampler files did show an unecessary error.
Enjoy!

Thanks!! 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Hello, firstly thanks for all the hard work on this. It has made making presets for decent sampler so quick and easy. One question, I'm unable to get the filter to work, have tried going into the xml and tweaking it but no success with my limited understanding.

Any help would be welcomed!

owainwilson wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:58 pm Hello, firstly thanks for all the hard work on this. It has made making presets for decent sampler so quick and easy. One question, I'm unable to get the filter to work, have tried going into the xml and tweaking it but no success with my limited understanding.

Any help would be welcomed!
I did not test Decent Sampler for some time and there were quite some releases. So, could be that some things might have changed. From my experience not everything works perfect with DS, so might also be a bug.

The format documentation can be found here: https://www.decentsamples.com/docs/form ... ation.html
For further questions, it is better to contact the developer.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”