fuzz off!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:party: lets battlle! weapons of choice, fuzz!

a selection (one to start) of fuzz noises, not so much demos as attacks on the planet :band:

lets doom!

to start with. earthquaker devices: data corrupter, fuzz plus pll :hyper:
direct, no amp sims or cab.
data death!!

now you!!!
Last edited by vurt on Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nice! I like that earthquaker pedal. :tu: Though my brain want's very much to read it as Earthquacker seemingly :lol:

Objection. Dem Earthquaker devices sound way too digital to me ears, Ringo. Think I go for Z-Vex.

excuse me please wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:21 pm Objection. Dem Earthquaker devices sound way too digital to me ears, Ringo. Think I go for Z-Vex.
i see ...
Screenshot_2022-01-01-23-07-08-407~2.jpg

tell me more :P
although the zvex is nice too :tu: makes interesting stuff!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

btw: give me a few days, I am not really able to prepare stuff like this during my work week.
10-11 hour days leave me pretty useless when I get home. It's a pain, but it's how I can buy all
these friggen pedals. :lol:

Just sayin :)

You're on! Here's a stupid jam using the Fredric Effects Unpleasant Companion running directly through MCabinet.

https://soundcloud.com/phaseboundary/imrae-fuzz-off-1

Thought I'd keep it simple for now, and leave room to escalate. Plenty of other fuzzy toys around here :D

(Used Soundcloud because that's what I have, happy to provide .mp3 for direct link if someone's willing to host it.)

Cool stuff, that Data Corruptor sure sounds like fun!

Maybe not in the full spirit here as this is a LiveSpice version of a circuit I've been fiddling with... it's a kind of Fuzz Face/Buzz Box mashup that I haven't finished an actual build of yet. Here I'm using the LiveSpice VST into BIAS Amp running a Sunn Model T preset:

https://app.box.com/s/r8yazcy0cl7vihdyo0qyyfoh7yq76zgo
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

synthgeek wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:40 pm Maybe not in the full spirit here
the only spirit here is "fuzz" it's not about analogue vs digital, it's just about celebrating the nasty!!!

i only dropped the image because if the comment :hihi: i don't care whether the data corrupter is made of cheese, string and jelly, if it sounds this nasty :band:

imrae wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:36 am
(Used Soundcloud because that's what I have, happy to provide .mp3 for direct link if someone's willing to host it.)
soundcloud or whatever is fine :)
i only went direct, for the same reason, it's what i have :hihi:

pekbro wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:05 am btw: give me a few days, I am not really able to prepare stuff like this during my work week.
10-11 hour days leave me pretty useless when I get home. It's a pain, but it's how I can buy all
these friggen pedals. :lol:

Just sayin :)
:tu: i hear ya!

no hurries, fuzz lasts forever!!!

ill check these new bits posted soon, just waking up :hihi:

imrae wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:36 am You're on! Here's a stupid jam using the Fredric Effects Unpleasant Companion running directly through MCabinet.

https://soundcloud.com/phaseboundary/imrae-fuzz-off-1

Thought I'd keep it simple for now, and leave room to escalate. Plenty of other fuzzy toys around here :D

yes! classic fuzz :band:
some lovely grit in that sound :love:

look forward to more!!

synthgeek wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:40 pm Cool stuff, that Data Corruptor sure sounds like fun!

Maybe not in the full spirit here as this is a LiveSpice version of a circuit I've been fiddling with... it's a kind of Fuzz Face/Buzz Box mashup that I haven't finished an actual build of yet. Here I'm using the LiveSpice VST into BIAS Amp running a Sunn Model T preset:

holy f**k :o
if you hadn't said, im not sure id have suspected software here :o
total "cathedral" vibes here :band:
can almost here lee dorian groaning over it 8) (i love cathedral )

ps: edited opening with routing info.
direct, straight to two track, no amp or cab sim

synthgeek wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:40 pm Cool stuff, that Data Corruptor sure sounds like fun!

Certainly getting some Sunn o))) low-end here, what tuning is that? For a transistor fuzz circuit this is giving quite a lively "amp grind" kind of tone!

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:26 pm
holy f**k :o
if you hadn't said, im not sure id have suspected software here :o
total "cathedral" vibes here :band:
can almost here lee dorian groaning over it 8) (i love cathedral )
Wow. :oops: I'll definitely take that as a compliment. :) Thanks!
imrae wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:48 pm
Certainly getting some Sunn o))) low-end here, what tuning is that? For a transistor fuzz circuit this is giving quite a lively "amp grind" kind of tone!
Thanks imrae! The tuning is drop A (on an Ibanez 7-string). The Sunn model is definitely contributing to the sound here. I'm no expert on "real tube tone" or whatever, but I've been quite happy with the sounds I get from BIAS. That said, I'm also pretty happy with this fuzz circuit, I just need to find the time to actually build it. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Return to “Guitars”