Sometimes, TX16Wx starts to show one or more "Save" popups when saving an Ableton Live project

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is how it goes:
I start a new default ableton session, only add TX16wx plugin and browse some sounds.
Then after finding a suitable sound (like usually akai program or soundfont), I store that ableton project via "Save as".
So far so good.
Then I usually "clean up" all programs in current performance and continue to browse for sounds using the same ableton project and tx16wx track.
I usually switch sound sources, like from an akai apk ISO CD sound to some soundfonts, then this sometimes happens:
When I save the same project again under a new name via "Save as", a slim popup comes up informing that tx16wx is saving stuff (samples?) for a previously used, but long cleaned up sound source, like an akai cd. It seems to save a LOT of sounds, it takes quite long, as if it tries to save the whole content of the CD. If I abort that popup, the project doesnt get properly saved and when i close and re-open ableton and the project there is no more sound.

The weird thing is, it does not happen every time, not even when i replicate the exact same steps.
And it does even happen after having cleaned up and saved a project with a single tx16wx program and sound, e.g soundfont, then closing and reopening exactly that project and then right away saving a higher version number, without doing anything else. So it then still tries to "save" stuff releated to some Akai CD, that is not used in that project file.

Is there anything I could try to make it reliably reproducible or that popup save dialog reliably stop from happening?
The result should still be able to use tx16wx for quickly browsing sounds for inspiration, and as soon as a sound has been found and some midi notes played, to "clean up" the performance to only leave the sound used and then simply save the daw project under a new name.

Did you use the "delete unused" function? Just deleting a program for example, does _not_ delete samples loaded by it (since samples are shared).
Also: preview load. Allows you to preview both samples and programs without actually loading them. Very nifty for browsing sounds.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Will try both, thanks!

Return to “CWITEC”