vTines iOS Bluetooth MIDI Roli Rise

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for vTines for iOS, this is great stuff!

I have a question about Bluetooth midi: I cannot connect my Roli Rise to vTines. I have no problem connecting the Roli to Roli's own Noise App or to Garage Band or to the iOS Minimoog app. I have tried the Bluetooth midi connection in the vTines app but it does not work. Any tips?

Many thanks, Fabian

Hi, we will check this, but in the meantime, you have one option which is to use Vtines as an AUV3 inside garageband.

Also can you tell us if the MIDI connexion works but you get no control or if the MIDI connexion just fails.
I'm asking this because we tested this with our MIDI keyboard as well as with our Mac MIDI over bluetooth and both worked fine.

Thanks! I was not even aware that you can load vTines into Garage Band...

The Garage Band route worked perfectly. I had to confirm in a dialogue window triggered by GB that an outside device may use my bluetooth connection. After this, the ROLI showed up even in the standalone vTines app!

Also, GB solved a problem that I had with my TC Helicon Go Solo MIDI/audio interface and a midi over cable from a Roland A50 where the standalone iOS vTines app seems to receive a lot of erroneous, random note triggers (and 0 velocity messages being lost, resulting in hanging notes). This did not happen in GB either - which is rock solid with my whole arm put on the keys. The issues seems to persist with the TC Helicon when using the vTines standalone iOS app.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”