vurt - fuzz plus one! (0coast vs fuzz and bbd)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi vurt,
could you explain what's going on? (if you have time...) what means 0coast? is it a sound module?
fuzz could be a sort of distortion-unit... ? bbd... is it a classic bucket brigade delay? or does it mean something completly different? ... and you are right. it is HARDER now :P
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

OFFICIAL free competition : If you' see martiu post 'why you mad homie' or similar after this post, you are a prizewinner, and a free reverb plugin is yours. PM martiu immediately, and ask for your prize. He'll give it to you, baby!

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 am
tomtom1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:13 am what means 0coast?
googling woulda helped

https://www.makenoisemusic.com/synthesizers/ohcoast
https://archive.ehx.com/products/cock-fight
https://archive.ehx.com/products/deluxe-memory-man
Yes, that's right. Or I could ask the nice guy Vurt what it all means and what he did there. The bottom line for me is that the Music Cafe on KVR is more Cafe than Music (for me at least) - and I didn't want to miss out on the social interaction.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

not sure how helping you identify the equipment you asked about is problematic for 'what it all means' or your social interaction. but hey, its the internet, people are weird.
OFFICIAL free competition : If you' see martiu post 'why you mad homie' or similar after this post, you are a prizewinner, and a free reverb plugin is yours. PM martiu immediately, and ask for your prize. He'll give it to you, baby!

Utterly cool, Vurt. All three. Exciting, alive, bending, talking, and with some associations to some old quirky string, jaw harp and viola sounds. Right in our book. We are probably going to abuse this too, tho not making such a big fuzz about it next time. Some aknowledgements in the description at SC will be minimum, tho. Hope ya don’t mind. And if you do: Too bad, bro. :D
Last edited by TribeOfHǫfuð on Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

tomtom1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:13 am hi vurt,
could you explain what's going on? (if you have time...) what means 0coast? is it a sound module?
fuzz could be a sort of distortion-unit... ? bbd... is it a classic bucket brigade delay? or does it mean something completly different? ... and you are right. it is HARDER now :P
yup no worries :)
0coast as whyterabbyt linked, is a make noise desktop semi modular synth.
the fuzz is the ehx cockfight (with expression pedal for wah) and the bbd is indeed a classic bucket brigade, although a little more modern, it's the memory man delux from ehx.

we've been celebrating fuzz over in the guitar forum, and we got to talking fuzz on synths, so this happened!!

it's a fairly basic mono synth, but has internal modulations that can altogether give a nice fat sound, or can be quite airy and plucky too, all these different dynamics, hitting the fuzz, is where the chirrups and monkeys come from :hihi:

theres no filter on the 0coast, so rather than go through the modular, i chose the fuzz with a built in wah.

unlike playing guitar, my hands are free to tweak the pedals too, so the delay goes from long delays to short with high feedback to give a comb or reverby type sound :D

hope this helps :)
thanks for listening 8)

googling woulda helped

this may be true, but i don't mind when the questions come from interest, rather than the "oh my god why don't you just use software" type business.
it's always nice to chat about toys :D

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:40 pm
googling woulda helped

this may be true, but i don't mind when the questions come from interest, rather than the "oh my god why don't you just use software" type business.
it's always nice to chat about toys :D
I just thought it would help explain a couple of things until you showed up :shrug:

:tu: cheers.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:18 pm some old quirky string, jaw harp and viola sounds
you're not wrong. :tu:

although :o i was wrong!!!
i don't have deluxe i have stereo with hazari! :oops:

dunno why ive always just called it mmdeluxe :lol:

Scared one of our cats.
“You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire.
Once the flame begin to catch, the wind will blow it higher.”
--Peter Gabriel

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:55 pm although :o i was wrong!!!

i actually posted the link to the stereo with hazari first, then changed it.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:10 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:55 pm although :o i was wrong!!!

i actually posted the link to the stereo with hazari first, then changed it.
spooky!

i need to grab the one with the long delays too, and the sitar pedal and...
so so many things!!!!

Return to “Music Cafe”