New BLEASS FM Synth Coming 2022-01-21

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Erisian wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:53 pm :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Big apologies all round! My brain is shrinking as I get older. :(
Hope that does not happen to more important parts of your body! :pray:

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:29 pm
Erisian wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:53 pm :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Big apologies all round! My brain is shrinking as I get older. :(
Hope that does not happen to more important parts of your body! :pray:
Wellll... :oops: I'm not saying anything! 8)

It now has a name: BLEASS OMEGA.

And a demo. It is a 4 operator algorithmic FM synth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSd51U-xWxc

4 op ?

will it be sysex compatible with the fb-01 ?
even as an editor like dexed is for the dx7 ?

muki wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:25 pm 4 op ?

We should know in a few days...

I can tell you straight off it won't be. It uses ADSR not the envelope type used in FB-01. It's a reinvention similar to FM4 for Reason/iOS.

Seems to have fixed algorithms with only one feedback...

So what's the big innovation, seems like it's just back to basics.

nevermind
Last edited by Autobot on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:17 am There seems to be a wave shaper for the OPs. Probably instead of different waveforms. I'm quite sure I saw this before in another FM synth. However 4OPs and simple ADSR putting me off. But let's see. If the programming is fast and if there is a bit more to it too it what we can't see now and if it's not expensive it might be something :D

Edit: my mistake the shaper is before the filter ... Sad
The FM engine in the Korg Kronos and Oasys (MOD7) has waveshaping for each of the six 'normal' operators, which can emulate the single-cycle waveforms from other FM synths. I don't recall that the sample-based 7th operator has waveshaping, but it probably doesn't need it.

I'm not sure about any FM softsynths that can do this, but there are a lot of FM synths out there I haven't tried.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Yeah, it does contain waveshapers, ADSR envelopes, and a subtractive filter. So, it appears to be an subtractive/FM hybrid.

DocAtlas wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:19 am
Autobot wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:17 am There seems to be a wave shaper for the OPs. Probably instead of different waveforms. I'm quite sure I saw this before in another FM synth. However 4OPs and simple ADSR putting me off. But let's see. If the programming is fast and if there is a bit more to it too it what we can't see now and if it's not expensive it might be something :D

The FM engine in the Korg Kronos and Oasys (MOD7) has waveshaping for each of the six 'normal' operators, which can emulate the single-cycle waveforms from other FM synths. I don't recall that the sample-based 7th operator has waveshaping, but it probably doesn't need it.

I'm not sure about any FM softsynths that can do this, but there are a lot of FM synths out there I haven't tried.
If what you call waveshaping is morphing beetwen a sine and another wave, there's aurora fm from nebula dsp (win only...) That has that on its 6 operators.

Copy protection is C/R I presume?

DocAtlas wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:19 am

Nemesis has a waveshaping mode.

cyrb wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:25 am

I can tell you straight off it won't be. It uses ADSR not the envelope type used in FB-01. It's a reinvention similar to FM4 for Reason/iOS.

Seems to have fixed algorithms with only one feedback...

So what's the big innovation, seems like it's just back to basics.
I'm very slightly disappointed in advance as I would have at least liked carriers that can be panned, and per-op feedback would have been nice.

On the other hand, this has more mod sources than a DX21, and that ought to allow for some interesting stuff. The interface is straightforward so should be very approachable. And it has a nice effects section. Definitely will be picking it up on iOS and possibly for desktop as well.

crickey13 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:04 pm Copy protection is C/R I presume?
Serial #

Just the few sounds in the teaser video are all better than 999 out of the 1000 presets in F'em, which sounds so bad and cheap (except for exactly 1 kinda good preset). Im somewhat interested.

If it's "basic" but it outputs sounds that actually sound good then I don't care. I'd much rather have good sound than lots of flexibility to make hundreds of bad sounds (although that's fun sometimes too but I have the Mpowersynth synth for that).

Return to “Instruments”