IT'S MORE - IT HURTS (Electronic Overdrive Instrumental / I will return the favour of a review)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We always want more. We always want it now. Do we feel better or does it hurt in the end?
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/its-more-it-hurts
--
Production Facts: Done in Bitwig the best DAW ever in my eyes, only Synth is VITAL Spectral warping wavetable synth, accompanied by a couple of MeldaProduction FX.
All the overdone Distortion is done in Vital, no additional FX.
#Vital #bitwig #MeldaProduction

One of my highlights coming here, listening to another incredible track by Peter H. What's there to say? I'll say one thing, I need to crank out Vital more often because that thing sounds amazing. That distortion is nuts. And of course, musically, this is excellent. The mix is like a lesson in how to pay strict attention to detail.

I'm going to guess this track took you at least a week to do. Possibly longer.

Anyway, thanks for making my day. You really need to post more often.

PS - One of these days you REALLY need to teach me how to do this shit right. LOL

Very dramatic with lots of varied sounds. I'm not crazy about that distortion which is pretty static-y but otherwise I dig this.

Nice job!

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:52 pm One of my highlights coming here, listening to another incredible track by Peter H. What's there to say? I'll say one thing, I need to crank out Vital more often because that thing sounds amazing. That distortion is nuts. And of course, musically, this is excellent. The mix is like a lesson in how to pay strict attention to detail.

I'm going to guess this track took you at least a week to do. Possibly longer.

Anyway, thanks for making my day. You really need to post more often.

PS - One of these days you REALLY need to teach me how to do this shit right. LOL
Thanks Steven. Thanks for your nice words.

The track really took me a while because as you mentioned quite some work went into the little details. And actually a lot of fine tuning went into the "over the top" distortion. It was hard to make it sound completely "broken" but "not terrible" at the same time ;-)

Thanks again Steven!
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midge Ure called. He said he wants his synth sounds back. :)

Great listen!

Loved the gentle, delicate, slow build up at the beginning - very effective sound combos in there.

Some great melodic moments throughout!

That distortion - I think the idea is 100% spot on, but for me it's a little too dominant ...

Seriously washes across and dominates the mix each time it enters - it's VERY wide and also quite 'high' as well? I might've narrowed it more towards the centre of the mix a touch and also maybe reduced the frequency content to pull down it's height a bit?

BUT...it's all opinion and the track works and is very enjoyable as it is! :)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Frantz wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:05 am Very dramatic with lots of varied sounds. I'm not crazy about that distortion which is pretty static-y but otherwise I dig this.

Nice job!
Many Thanks, Frantz! 🙏

You are probably right, the distortion is not realy as good as distortion that's coming from professional outboard gear for guitar ... it was actually the best I could do with lots of tweaking to make it sound good to my ears... Anyway, good feedback. Next time I do such kind of distorted sounds, I will spend even *more* time to get the distortion more lively ... and there's actually already stuff in the pipe.

Cheers
Peter:H

darkogav wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 pm Midge Ure called. He said he wants his synth sounds back. :)
Drakogav, thanks for your reply ... I can't really read between the lines of your reply ... is that meant positively, that Midge Ure called? *me puzzled*

ChameleonMusic wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:27 pm Great listen!

Loved the gentle, delicate, slow build up at the beginning - very effective sound combos in there.

Some great melodic moments throughout!

That distortion - I think the idea is 100% spot on, but for me it's a little too dominant ...

Seriously washes across and dominates the mix each time it enters - it's VERY wide and also quite 'high' as well? I might've narrowed it more towards the centre of the mix a touch and also maybe reduced the frequency content to pull down it's height a bit?

BUT...it's all opinion and the track works and is very enjoyable as it is! :)
Thanks ChameleonMusic, for your nice feedback!

About the distortion - Damn, I have to admit, that it is not as good as I thought after getting a few feedbacks like yours and all go in the same direction. But it's good to get that kind of feeback, because I get to know I have to work on the sound a little more to make it work!

BR
Peter:H

I really like the musical details. Unfortunately i have to say that the distortion is too much for my ears... but not while i listened in MONO :). So my opinion (and guess, i am not an expert) is that the distortion sits too much in the side-signal, and then if i listen in Stereo i gets that dominant and upfront. In Mono it is rellay adding something...
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”