Something new from G-Force (Mellotron MKII)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtLciGUEhhU

"Something new this way comes. The culmination of several years work."

To me it sounds CS-80 / Bladerunnish, so I'm guessing either something Yamaha CS-related, or possibly even a software GX-1...

Edit: Teaser shot (reminds me more of the Roland CR drum boxes).
Also: Mac + Win on launch :tu:

Last edited by beely on Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Or a Windows version of OB-E. :)

Rotary knobs in the background image, so definitely not CS-80 if the image is related - which I would assume it would be

Indeed, that does NOT sound at ALL like a CS-80 to me. That sounds like string and horn samples.

Maybe something with a Mellotron vibe, but "modern" orchestral sounds?

And, yeah, the rotary knobs must be a clue. In fact, if they didn't specifically say "software synth," I would have guessed this was a channel strip or pre-amp or something, since that's what the knobs look like (to me).

The video says "another first in software synth emulations" which tells us right there it's not a CS-80.

The rotary knobs, hmm....the GS-1 had some knobs I think, but its' already been emulated as well (by Xils)...

Introspective wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:04 pm Indeed, that does NOT sound at ALL like a CS-80 to me. That sounds like string and horn samples.
It was more the track seemed very Bladerunner-esque to me. If so, I'd veer more in the GX-1 territory than CS80, and that would be a first...
Introspective wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:04 pmAnd, yeah, the rotary knobs must be a clue. In fact, if they didn't specifically say "software synth," I would have guessed this was a channel strip or pre-amp or something, since that's what the knobs look like (to me).
Well, it does say "software instruments" quite prominently in the teaser...
mholloway wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:07 pm The video says "another first in software synth emulations" which tells us right there it's not a CS-80.
Depends what the marketing message "first" means. Could be the first to do it "properly"...? But I agree, I think it's unlikely to be a CS80, just an initial thought based on the audio. Same for another Oberheim, like the OBX, which Dave has had in his studio recently...

The screenshot image doesn't really tell me much either...
Last edited by beely on Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

some of you will love this!!!! :wheee:

others will probably complain.

same as always i guess :)

Guess if it's Mac only, then yeah, there'll be complaints.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:19 pm Guess if it's Mac only, then yeah, there'll be complaints.
I already said it's not in my first post (confirmed by GF).

Some good guesses on YouTube comments - and image matches the looks but if correct not sure I'd count as an instrument ? Still looks exciting though

I wondered if one of the EMS synths based on photo of controls - but the effects guess on YouTube looks much closer in looks when I googled image of one

beely wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:30 pm
Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:19 pm Guess if it's Mac only, then yeah, there'll be complaints.
I already said it's not in my first post (confirmed by GF).
I thought you were guessing like the rest of your post. Don't see any PC info in the trailer.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:27 pm Or a Windows version of OB-E. :)
Naah , teaser reads “ another first in software instruments “
Wouldn’t be surprised if it will be mac only .
Are they even working on an ob win. port ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Yes they are, it's coming soon. Right after this release would be my guess.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edited

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”