Flam (not Flim) ... [electronic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tomtom1 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:26 am
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:17 pm and the minimoog is ancient in comparison, still gets used for massive bass (via emulations) even in modern stuff.
a bass is a fundamental, low end filler. nothing more, all you need to worry about is "do i like this bass sound?"

leave arguments about old school and new school to idiots.
does it groove? done!
hi vurt, I like the synthesizer although it has some weaknesses and doesn't sound as powerful as maybe a moog. I was just interested in how other people feel. E.g. i then used this one synthesizer exclusively for this piece, because i found that the different sounds fit together well.
all synths have some weakness, thats why there are so many choices :)

the thing about the "power" of a moog, and i do love them, only have a minitaur in hardware, but have played a few minis, through massive pa systems, and yes, its like a blast of energy, it sends shivers up and down your spine :-o
but, when it comes to what we do here, a full mix, youll be cutting the majority of that "oomph" out, to fit other instruments in the mix. a mix, requires space for each instrument to say its piece.

now, your piece above, i didnt read any of the comments or opening post, i just clicked play! at no point did i feel anything was wrong with either the bass, or any other parts. as you said, it fits together, nothing is dominating, or hidden when it shouldnt be.
i personally, had i done this mix, would be quite proud of myself :D
but i didnt, so im proud of you instead :D

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:26 pm i personally, had i done this mix, would be quite proud of myself :D
but i didnt, so im proud of you instead
:) :oops: :hug:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”