Vimise - Longing For Summer (Recursion Loop Remix) [Psychill/Slow trance]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A remix I made for a friend, that kind of thing is called "chillgressive". Floating melodies backed up by a slow psytrance-ish beat.

https://soundcloud.com/user-982923732-4 ... for-summer

Youtube version with somewhat better quality playback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM8Ccmp9Rno
Last edited by recursive one on Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Very good production imho, clean and balanced

But the composition is a bit misbalanced imho.
Let's say 1st half of the track contains 3 arrangement parts: A - intro+teaser, B - more finished melody, C - glitch part. And parts B and С pass by and never return.
Then in the break there's introduced 4th melody and part D, which lasts almost till the end with variations and different timbres, and again A in the outro.
So we have here a composition scheme: A-B-C-D-D*-D**-A*, which is pretty strange.
While usual club track form is smth like A-B-A* or A-B-A*-B**-A*** - 2 parts, repeating, evenly spread, but not 4 parts, half of them never coming back.
There's an article in wiki, "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_form", which can give the idea about the musical forms better than me.

So I think here's the material for 2 tracks.

But nevertheless all the parts themselves are interesting, and the part D is the best - it gives real trance feeling.

And, maybe it's a feature of the style, but I lack here something dark in the lows, like dark brass or glitches or low textures, which would thicken the low end...

But anyway, it's very good track )

Very nice production. It sounds great. I recommend it for an enjoyable listen.

Medvedium wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:44 am So I think here's the material for 2 tracks.
Thank you for the detailed review and yes, you pointed out one of my main problems, I always write too much content and when it comes to the arrangement I often struggle to make a consistent story of it - but it's always hard to get rid of any of the parts I've made cause I love them all too much :) .

In this case I had too keep and develop at least some of the melodies of the original track but I also wanted to add a lot of my own stuff.

Anyway, that's not actually a "club track", it's more intended for a relaxed listen.
Medvedium wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:44 am But anyway, it's very good track )
margaret0547 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:07 pm Very nice production. It sounds great. I recommend it for an enjoyable listen.
Than you both, glad you liked it! :)

recursive one wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:17 pm
I always write too much content
:) You're not alone, otherwise we wouldn't see in track titles of different artists here and there some additions to the track titles in brackets like "(Part 1)" and "(Part 2)", or "(Version A)" and "(Version B)". One of first examples I remember was 1990-ies trance-hit single of De Niro - "Evolver / Revolver"

So it's easy to make 2 tracks out of 1, preserving initial groove and other elements, but with another musical ideas - simply put "Part 1/2" in the title :hyper:

I have this very situation in the track I'm currently working on - too much ideas within 1 track made me split it into ... 3 tracks lol, and bingo - the whole EP out of 1 track )) They all will have small title variations, and 5-7 min length each, instead of initial 12min over-stuffed mix )) But the key, the groove, some secondary lines and fx will remain (almost) the same )

Medvedium wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:09 pm So it's easy to make 2 tracks out of 1, preserving initial groove and other elements, but with another musical ideas
Yeah, I think I'll have go this route at some point :)

Sounds professional to me. This can easily hold its own against offerings from folks like AstroPilot, Mystic Crock, Astronaut Ape, Mettaverse, Cosmic Replicant, or any of the hitmakers featured in The Psychedelic Muse YT channel.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Return to “Music Cafe”