the new experimental dark mode

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:27 pm didn't think it was a big deal, just noticed it. :shrug:
I was laughing when I typed that :hug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:P

Hink wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:27 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:31 pm I just checked the Download Banks page from this link:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1 ... /downloads

And got this:
tek do me a favor, right click it, open in new tab/window whatever and see what happens. This has happened some of mod pages as well and this was my fix (and posted about in the mod forum)...I'm really just curious :)
I just clicked the link again and it looks fine now. :shrug:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Just popping in to say: YAY!!!

OK I'm NOT a fan of the posts in the thread actually being blue background...

Teksonik wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:57 pm
Hink wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:27 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:31 pm I just checked the Download Banks page from this link:

And got this:
tek do me a favor, right click it, open in new tab/window whatever and see what happens. This has happened some of mod pages as well and this was my fix (and posted about in the mod forum)...I'm really just curious :)
I just clicked the link again and it looks fine now. :shrug:

yeah mine is better too now, I appreciate it :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I like it

This takes me back to when I was a nipper. 2014 or thereabouts.

I like it too.

the blue is like an old friend to me

I've come up with another design which changes the colours in a way that I think works better for a blue based theme. Pretty much all the borders / background frame and text has been changed in addition to the post background areas and widgets.

Enlarge

Note:
Intrancersonic, the site I've created has full colour as well as background image selection options one can check out if they wish.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Re: Keeping the previous look.. Neither option emulates the prior defaults. Light mode appears lighter almost entirely due to the choice of a white background outside of the forum text area. A "mixed mode", which keeps the forum text area as the present "light mode", but changes the stuff outside of that to be darker, would provide something closer to the previous defaults. Some percentage of users might find the new white background choice off-putting, whilst finding dark mode too dark..

WE FEAR CHANGE!!!!!
Vortifex wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:48 pmThe new forum design seems to have a lot more empty space than before. I don't like that you've added an extra step to logging out. Also I keep getting a "The submitted form was invalid" error when I log in via the large new login button.
Why do you bother logging out? I've been a member here for 20 years and I can guarantee you I have never logged out of this site, not even once.
cthonophonic wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:08 pm Functionally, the thing I find most annoying about the new design is the lack of an immediately accessible button for "latest posts" while a topic is already open.
Try the sidebar on the right-hand side of the page. The first little icon next to "REVIEWS" will give you a list of latest posts. I didn't even realise there was another way to access them.

I like it, it's a huge improvement. Thanks to whoever did the work, nice job!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

First up, as stated, it is experimental (under development) and will change. There are certainly parts of KVR (forum and the wider site) where dark mode is not yet accounted for, which could see light backgrounds and light text or dark backgrounds and dark text, etc.

I'm fixing as we go.

The main part of the recent change was updating the forum software / script to the latest version and modifying the theming to match the rest of the KVR site (which was moved to the new design quite some time ago). Dark mode has been a back-burner development for a while and it seemed logical to roll that out at the same time (to help with the "my eyes are burning" comments the new look would no doubt elicit ;) )

I believe there are just two sections that don't yet use the new look. KVRMarks and the Latest Posts page. They should be migrated soon.

Light mode could probably be toned down a little. I think it seems brighter because the right column is now incorporated into the main content block, with the same white background, whereas it was a separate dark backgrounded column before.

The login failure issue, the corrupt email notification issue, the attachment theming, the downloads theming, should all be fixed. The Latest Posts link should now always be in the sticky Quick Links bar at the top of every forum page along with a dedicated PM button. Log Out is in the Quick Forum Links drop down.

Has the Member List gone walkabout? I saw it somewhere about 36 hours ago, but can't find it now.

Has this been reported yet? I forgot to add an image to a post but when I went back to add it I got this. I made sure I was using edit and not quote.

KVR 022522.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Site Stuff”