What is the best guitar for metal?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice rack though...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:24 pmthat's not the correct attire for forestry work
It is now.

That poor woman, seems like she had some serious issues during her life. At least she did things her own way... :shrug:

pekbro wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:44 pm That poor woman, seems like she had some serious issues during her life. At least she did things her own way... :shrug:
i have no idea who it is?

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:10 pm
pekbro wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:44 pm That poor woman, seems like she had some serious issues during her life. At least she did things her own way... :shrug:
Wendy O. Williams from the Plasmatics. She once tried to kill herself by hammering a knife into
her chest apparently, in the end she did finally kill herself with a gun. So yeah, issues... :(

For metal get steel ... ;)

I'll get me coat.

pekbro wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:16 pm
Wendy O. Williams from the Plasmatics. She once tried to kill herself by hammering a knife into
her chest apparently, in the end she did finally kill herself with a gun. So yeah, issues... :(
ah yes :(
that is sad.

it's a crazy f**ked up world, im amazed so many get through without at least some mental issues, but you'd hope no one would get to the point of hammering something in to your chest? and you'd hope if someone did, there was help for them so as they don't get so low again :(

there but for the grace of god.

I got to see Wendo O. & The Plasmatics in the early 80's. That clip is from a song called "Butcher Baby". They put a guitar on the stand as you can see. It is plugged into a full Marshall stack fully dimed out. She then chainsaws the guitar. It was the most "metal" thing I've ever seen....it was also the most painful thing I've ever heard.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:57 pm I got to see Wendo O. & The Plasmatics in the early 80's. That clip is from a song called "Butcher Baby". They put a guitar on the stand as you can see. It is plugged into a full Marshall stack fully dimed out. She then chainsaws the guitar. It was the most "metal" thing I've ever seen....it was also the most painful thing I've ever heard.
most painful metal thing i ever saw, kreator and death at the parr hall in warrington. midway through kreators set, someone climbed the amps at the side of the stage, dived, as he did, the crowd parted, and he slammed the floor. the crowd reformed.

or the singer of creaming jesus, jumping up, on the stage in planet x in liverpool, which had a very low ceiling.

OUCH!! :o
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:22 pm
pekbro wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:16 pm
ah yes :(
that is sad.

it's a crazy f**ked up world, im amazed so many get through without at least some mental issues, but you'd hope no one would get to the point of hammering something in to your chest? and you'd hope if someone did, there was help for them so as they don't get so low again :(

there but for the grace of god.
Just want to point out, there are medications for various diseases that have the side affect of suicidal ideation, i.e. we're just a batch of chemicals, and not all cases of suicide are due to long term mental illness, depression etc.

From what her husband said she was fine, even great until her career started winding down, she was an adrenalin junkie and something changed etc. Not a "life long battle" or anything like that. Health nut, fitness advocate, etc.

The same was true for Robin Williams, friends said his "struggle" with mental illness was actually from a misdiagnosed case of Lewy body Disease, which triggered his suicide.

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:48 pm
CapnLockheed wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:57 pm I got to see Wendo O. & The Plasmatics in the early 80's. That clip is from a song called "Butcher Baby". They put a guitar on the stand as you can see. It is plugged into a full Marshall stack fully dimed out. She then chainsaws the guitar. It was the most "metal" thing I've ever seen....it was also the most painful thing I've ever heard.
most painful metal thing i ever saw, kreator and death at the parr hall in warrington. midway through kreators set, someone climbed the amps at the side of the stage, dived, as he did, the crowd parted, and he slammed the floor. the crowd reformed.

or the singer of creaming jesus, jumping up, on the stage in planet x in liverpool, which had a very low ceiling.
hahaha. yup. if i'm at a meat loaf concert enjoying "two out of three ain't bad" and suddenly meat dives off the stage propelling himself towards me, i suppose my survival instinct/reflex would kick in too and i would automatically dodge him. i would be like "wtf! holy shit".
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Depends what kind of metal. I personally find that EMGs sound absolutely terrible, I bought a guitar with them, sent it back after a day and got a model with passive pickups instead.

A really really good one is the PRS SE Mark Holcomb sig. Tried it a few times and almost owned it (but they only had 1 left and I didn't like the top on that particular guitar), and it's really great

Most guitars come with EMG 81’s in the bridge. Is that what yours had? It’s a pretty special pickup, you’d have to want to get its particular sound. The EMG 85 and 60A are better for traditional humbucker sounds.

harryupbabble wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:41 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:48 pm

hahaha. yup. if i'm at a meat loaf concert enjoying "two out of three ain't bad" and suddenly meat dives off the stage propelling himself towards me, i suppose my survival instinct/reflex would kick in too and i would automatically dodge him. i would be like "wtf! holy shit".
ewwww can you imagine the mess hed make now...

Return to “Guitars”