Sunbird Guitar, the easy way to build presets

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You will find how to here :

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... ts.122028/

If you think, like me, it's worth to dig in this library :)

Thanks for posting that, i'm sure it will help someone!

thysm00 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:44 pm Thanks for posting that, i'm sure it will help someone!
Bienvenue

Thank you for your effort at supplying instructions that should have been part of an extensive Acoustic Samples Sunbird Pattern Programming user manual, SergeD!

As for my opinion of the Sunbird pattern creator, I just posted here:
www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8544239#p8544239

As an aside, I'm not a complete dummy. For instance, I'm responsible for the structure and contents of a successful, user friendly museum guide app. The Sunbird pattern creator is among the worst examples of user unfriendly design that I have ever seen in a commercial software.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

@Spitfire31
Thanks for your kind words. I agree that is not an easy task to understand that editor :)

@spitfire31 as you pointed out in your no so nice comment, we are not working on a blank slate here and have many technical limitations to build a strum sequencer inside UVI Workstation.
Also, this is not a simple step sequencer, it has to deal with variations that are specific to our engine (small timing delays, single strings velocities, when and where to mute/block strings, etc) and we tried to find tools to make it work while still sounding good (because yes, the realism comes from those small adjustments). We could have created a simple step sequencer with no control over all of these, and it would be simple to use, but it would sound bad.

It's clearly not a design that works for you that's all and it seems to work for other people. But really? "the worst example of use unfriendly design in a commercial software" and a full post explaining why you think it's bad and that there are no instructions...

Anyway, check the video here that's on the page of the sunbird: https://youtu.be/TbMBlqwf47E?t=226 we made it in 2014 and it explains how it the pattern editor works with examples, hopefully it will make more sense after watching it.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”