D16 group - Something new is coming

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All of the D16 products I licensed were abandoned by the company so I swore them off. But if they update any of them for 64 bit I'd be happy again.

Phoscyon 2 please! :wink:

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 am
freshalex wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:39 am
sacer wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:52 am Hope for lush 101 v2
I think they will show that. A great synth!
Yep, but the GUI could see a revamp.

...or maybe it's just oscilloscope :hihi: as in the picture, or something entirely different from their past product line. D16 seemed to be stuck for a year or two now, with no fresh ideas or products altogether.
It's too complicated, yes. But the sound and the vibes are superbe! :)

From their "teaser", I assume that it's making waves.

Long shot, I know.

When they released LUSH 101, they advertised it as the only synth you require.
It was true. It overloaded my CPU on many patches.
Still have it, never used again.
Hope the V2 comes out and I have a chance to try again.
Regards.
maanga

maanga wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:19 pm When they released LUSH 101, they advertised it as the only synth you require.
It was true. It overloaded my CPU on many patches.
Still have it, never used again.
Hope the V2 comes out and I have a chance to try again.
Regards.
Have you used it after they added the multi-core functionality? It had some improvements since release.

Hopefully updates to their products which crash MacOS 11 and 12?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:01 am They've already announced that their plan is to make major updates to the existing instruments (rather than adding resizable UI's and Apple silicon support) so this will almost certainly be the first of these and not a completely brand-new instrument.

I've got the drum machines so anything that gets us closer to updates for those would be welcome.
The only updates I want for Nepheton, Drumazon, and Nithonat are resizable GUIs so I can actually use them without having to put my nose on the monitor.

But the big banner says "Something NEW is coming" not something improved so either they are over-hyping long overdue updates or hopefully something NEW will actually be released.

Either way any movement from D-16 would be progress at this point so time will tell.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

They emphasize "new", so I guess it's something entirely new. I hope its something modular.

The wavefroms' decay is quite short in the "video". And it is a sine. Nah, we need Sherlock Holmes for that.

Igro wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:51 pm The wavefroms' decay is quite short in the "video". And it is a sine. Nah, we need Sherlock Holmes for that.
My first thought was 808 kick drum or Nephaton v2. Which I'd certainly think qualifies as "new" but other people think "new" must mean brand new product. I'm doubtful of that. Personally, I'd be a little pissed actually if they release a brand new product without releasing GUI updates and M1 versions of their instruments. But I've been wrong in the past and will be again in the future.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:01 pm
Igro wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:51 pm The wavefroms' decay is quite short in the "video". And it is a sine. Nah, we need Sherlock Holmes for that.
My first thought was 808 kick drum or Nephaton v2. Which I'd certainly think qualifies as "new" but other people think "new" must mean brand new product. I'm doubtful of that. Personally, I'd be a little pissed actually if they release a brand new product without releasing GUI updates and M1 versions of their instruments. But I've been wrong in the past and will be again in the future.
Maybe a complete percussion synth? Not just kicks.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:01 pm other people think "new" must mean brand new product.
New: not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time.

Update: make (something) more modern or up to date.

Sure you can call 1.5 a "new" version of a 1.0 release but then you don't or shouldn't put a giant banner on the front page announcing "Something NEW is coming".

If it's just a point update of some existing plugin you're likely to generate disappointment with such hype.

Again I wouldn't mind updates of the drum machines but if they don't include updated GUIs it will be pointless.

Spurred on by this thread I called up Nepheton for the first time in quite a while and it's almost unusable at 1920x1080 at least for my old eyes.

So it's either a new product or over the top hype for an update....in my opinion. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It also doesn't say "Coming Soon" so we could be speculating for quite some time...

I reallly hope its either a new synth or an update to lush!! That would be sweet
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”