Mac Studio announced - Apple's most powerful computer yet

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:51 am
kingozrecords wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:38 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:43 pm
kingozrecords wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:21 pm My only pre-requisite is that this computer can handle multiple device-in channels without feedback.
Most producers just like Me would pay the money if it can do that/
Now that I have two working systems, I think then of interfaces and simplicity. Can I record and play, and finally can I hook up My computer to an entire band.

Also, with those multiple signals, can they also be routed to two softwares, or will we have the same issues as the lesser mac m1 computers?
Any Mac since 2001 or so could do all of that, or I don't understand your question... (Its not a PC...)
Multiple device-in channels without feedback is the responsibility of your interface/software. If you get feedback its user error. To hook up a complete band is a matter of an interface with enough inputs...
I can route input to as many softwares as I want, it has always been like that...
here's a video showing those limitations:
https://youtu.be/PFOCKuNw80o
Much talking, little showing… It confirms my suspicion of user error. If you get feedback there is a reason. Its impossible that the computer or OS is causing it, unless you create it with some setting… Millions of productions are made with Windows, Mac and Linux. If there would be such a problem nobody would use them…
I won't indulge in replies to this again, but no there's no error. I have over 20 years experience with setups.

it comes down to a laneway, something that is like a door. a serial connection means that there's a padlock that only lets one thing through at a time. therefore if the tpm's were multithreaded and working through the unified ram and multi-core then there would be no problems.

I see theories, I see people who do not even have macs often enough chime in. if they have one, let's see a raw performance with no post processing. static once in awhile if you use a screen recorder, just like windows. less so if you use a pcie soundard though and oldschool jacks.

even usb only has so many lanes, just like pcie; but many relays try to do too much making the speed less and less. it's all math and technical hardware details.

just turn off the security, do we need safes and lazers inside of our house when we already have a lock on the door? total insanity.

a good os and a good sys is crippled by overhead in My opinion.

edit: ok I finally tested a mac m1 mini without any security on and it's flawless. better than windows. I go over the reasons and how to turn those things off here:
viewtopic.php?p=8395870#p8395870
kingozrecords wrote:if any people, including those who'd mentioned had've made it clear that this is such a fix that infact makes a mac better than windows than of course I'd listen but there was nothing material, nor advice offered that would lead to any solution.

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 14.42.34.png
The video has visual feedback indeed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

kingozrecords wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:38 am here's a video showing those limitations:
https://youtu.be/PFOCKuNw80o
Something a little more to the point would be nice. short and simple... I still don't really get what the problem is and what you think is causing it?

I use Rogue Amoeba's Loopback for capturing all sorts of audio within the machine and don't have any kind of feedback unless I set up a channel wrong.
void main(dumb)

I’m sorry to hear that you have been having trouble. I have a MacBook Pro with M1 Max and a 16-channel interface (usb-C). I’ve never tried to find the maximum number of channels I can use at once, but e.g. yesterday I was running 8 channels out, through outboard and then back in (at the same time) at 96khz with a buffer of 32 samples in Logic. I’ve not had any issues with performance problems or feedback.

The new MacBooks are lovely machines.. they really addressed the thermal cpu throttling that always happened when I stressed out my older Intel-based one. They’re also great if you have your mics in the same space as the computer because they’re so quiet. Two thumbs up from me 🙂

counterparty wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:48 pm I’m sorry to hear that you have been having trouble. I have a MacBook Pro with M1 Max and a 16-channel interface (usb-C). I’ve never tried to find the maximum number of channels I can use at once, but e.g. yesterday I was running 8 channels out, through outboard and then back in (at the same time) at 96khz with a buffer of 32 samples in Logic. I’ve not had any issues with performance problems or feedback.

The new MacBooks are lovely machines.. they really addressed the thermal cpu throttling that always happened when I stressed out my older Intel-based one. They’re also great if you have your mics in the same space as the computer because they’re so quiet. Two thumbs up from me 🙂
do you process vocals live though? 16 ms is too much latency. people forget that a person like Me wants instantaneous response. seems like a mac can do that, but with jacks and less likely with something like a usb mic.

a mac mini might not be as nice as that, but either way your systen would still be faster without cia defenses on like mac comes from the factory with. rose colored glasses aren't gonna sell plugins and cd's either way.

I never figured a mac mini would be a "mean machine" or anything, I'm glad that I was able to get it operating consistently, turning off a few programs I don't need is hardly work.

kingozrecords wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:28 am
a mac mini might not be as nice as that, but either way your systen would still be faster without cia defenses on like mac comes from the factory with. rose colored glasses aren't gonna sell plugins and cd's either way
I still fail to understand how you come to the conclusion that security measures lead to audio feedback.
If you want to disable security believing it will free up resources it's one thing. But claiming it has anything to do with how audio is handled is completely another.
void main(dumb)

cos the dude is a relentless muppet

sqigls wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:46 am cos the dude is a relentless muppet
It appears so
trying to gain traction on your Youtube channel by spreading BS does not seem to me like a legit business plan. probably he's fishing all over the music production sites/communities. Someone might bite
void main(dumb)

or he's AI ?
:P

The I in AI suggests intelligence
void main(dumb)

I'm just glad I don't do drugs anymore.

do you do them any less?

:hihi: