Korg Wavestate and Opsix for Win/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pixel85 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:59 am Hmm... It makes my future purchase of Wavestate (just for a studio use) less reasonable.
Damn you Korg! :P
Don’t worry. They’ll be another synth to G.A.S. for. You’ll see. YOU’LL SEE! :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:00 pm Plugins sound exactly the same. :)
Impossible! Hardware always sounds better! :lol:

:oops:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Downloaded both demos, superb. Pity they don't do a deal for both or upgrade for Collection owners but still, well worth $150 each...

I nearly missed this as I though from the thread title someone was just asking if it would happen! Maybe the thread title should say 'Wavestate/Opsix released by Korg as native plugins?' (or maybe a thread each, this are big releases)

PS- started with Iceland Piano patch on Wavestate which was my go to patch when I had the hardware- not only does it sound 'just as good' it is so much easier to program and tweak the Wavestate than it ever was with hardware....this will be a massive hit for Korg and the fact that you can have it ITB or hardware only offers advantages (same with HELIX/Helix native- in the studio or on the road...same sound)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Is there something magical I need to do for the demo to show up on the software pass?

man, with these added, Korg really is getting a nice collection of instruments out there. Really seem to be upping their game lately with good choices. Nicely done.

cyberheater wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:08 pm Is there something magical I need to do for the demo to show up on the software pass?
No idea how to get new demos showing up. I downloaded korg sofware pass version 1.1.9 and when I open that it says version 1.1.3. Tried to log out and start again but no success. I own Korg collection 2 and minikorg and prophecy are latest demos which I have downloaded before.

Try to search your system for Software Pass, maybe there's more than one of them installed for some reason...

Oopi wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:21 pm
cyberheater wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:08 pm Is there something magical I need to do for the demo to show up on the software pass?
No idea how to get new demos showing up. I downloaded korg sofware pass version 1.1.9 and when I open that it says version 1.1.3. Tried to log out and start again but no success. I own Korg collection 2 and minikorg and prophecy are latest demos which I have downloaded before.
Seems Odd, I had 1.1.7 but when I downloaded 1.1.9 and ran it it overwrote (updated) 1.1.7 and the 2 new synths were on the top as available to demo. They just download as zip files...

Its a good demo- no noise- 20 minutes full use (no save) and then have to close and open for another 20...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Korg have just release 1.1.10 and it's now showing up.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:22 pm Try to search your system for Software Pass, maybe there's more than one of them installed for some reason...
The Software Pass window shows the version number in its window title so it'd be hard to miss. The demos never have shown up for me, but I bought opsix anyway and that does. Computers is hard.

I'll probably pick up Wavestate before the intro price fades but damn if opsix isn't going to keep me busy for a long, long time.

By the way, I highly recommend Oscillator Sink's series of videos on the opsix. He's spent many hours this past year going very in-depth on the various operator modes (it's not just an FM synth!).

https://youtu.be/tGPSK-8VeQ8

SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:44 pm Downloaded both demos, superb. Pity they don't do a deal for both or upgrade for Collection owners but still, well worth $150 each...

I nearly missed this as I though from the thread title someone was just asking if it would happen! Maybe the thread title should say 'Wavestate/Opsix released by Korg as native plugins?' (or maybe a thread each, this are big releases)

PS- started with Iceland Piano patch on Wavestate which was my go to patch when I had the hardware- not only does it sound 'just as good' it is so much easier to program and tweak the Wavestate than it ever was with hardware....this will be a massive hit for Korg and the fact that you can have it ITB or hardware only offers advantages (same with HELIX/Helix native- in the studio or on the road...same sound)
I hope this starts a trend. There are a bunch of other digital synths that I would buy if they came in native versions. But in reality, that won't happen - it made sense for the newer Korg synths because they were already just plugins running on Linux, so not exactly a huge stretch to make software native versions.

dumbledog wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:52 pmThe Software Pass window shows the version number in its window title so it'd be hard to miss.
I know, and it says 1.1.9 to me, so this to me sounds like either something didn't update properly for you, or somehow you have multiple SPs installed.

CausticPuppy wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:07 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:44 pm Downloaded both demos, superb. Pity they don't do a deal for both or upgrade for Collection owners but still, well worth $150 each...

I hope this starts a trend. There are a bunch of other digital synths that I would buy if they came in native versions. But in reality, that won't happen - it made sense for the newer Korg synths because they were already just plugins running on Linux, so not exactly a huge stretch to make software native versions.
Well, even if its just a trend for Korg... Modwave next!?

I wouldn't surprised to see a Trilogy bundle once they get around to publishing Modwave in this format.

Bought Wavestate Native 2 hours ago - amazing! :D
A short and sloppy demo trying it out with presets:
https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... ss-sy-1000
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Return to “Instruments”