Behringer DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

felis wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:23 pm
The recent update announcement got me curious, so I dug around a little.
Some Behringer hardware used to come with the Traktion 4 DAW.
That has been updated to 5 now.
https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-free

The video for it was just put up on March 20, 2022, so it might be something to take a look at:
https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-free

I have no idea what the one from Behringer will look like, but they've been used to working with that one, I think.
It's safe to say that the Behringer DAW will have nothing to do with Tracktion Free.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:24 pm It's safe to say that the Behringer DAW will have nothing to do with Tracktion Free.
Do you work for Behringer?

Or maybe you have a link to a source of that information.

There's plenty of DAW's that they can get ideas from. They're really not all that different.
So I wouldn't be at all surprised if some things look the same or very similar to many other DAW's.

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:44 pm i like behtwig, looks like the name of a dwarf from lord of the rings or something.
In fact, it's the twin sister of an owl belonging to Harry Potter.

felis wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:36 pm
jens wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:24 pm It's safe to say that the Behringer DAW will have nothing to do with Tracktion Free.
Do you work for Behringer?

Or maybe you have a link to a source of that information.

There's plenty of DAW's that they can get ideas from. They're really not all that different.
So I wouldn't be at all surprised if some things look the same or very similar to many other DAW's.
No, I don't work for Behringer. I strictly go by what they said themselves about their DAW development. And yes, they will take ideas from many other DAWs according to this.
But you suggested to specifically look at Tracktion Free to get an idea of what the Behringer DAW might perhaps be like, which frankly is totally absurd.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm gonna have to give props to whoever came up with the name Bro Tools.

Also: Logic Bro X

A free DAW?

Can't lose really....

jens wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:59 am ....No, I don't work for Behringer. I strictly go by what they said themselves about their DAW development. And yes, they will take ideas from many other DAWs according to this.
But you suggested to specifically look at Tracktion Free to get an idea of what the Behringer DAW might perhaps be like, which frankly is totally absurd.

Really not worth going back and forth about something that isn't even available yet.
But if you read my post, I said "I have no idea what the one from Behringer will look like",
but after reading about it, I found out that Behringer used to include a version of Tracktion with
some of their hardware, and saw that there is a free version of that available.
Even if someone doesn't like the Behringer version when it comes out, maybe that other free one would be helpful for someone.

I know nothing about what the Behringer DAW will be like, except for generalities.

The thread title wasn't "list of free DAWs" so your post was fully OT as it did not add anything relevant to the actual topic of the thread. And that is all there is to it.

It's not the "Behringer version" of anything btw. so it seems you still didn't get it. This will be an all new DAW, developed in-house by Music-Tribe.

Behringer does have a history of copying hardware so it wouldn't exactly be unexpected if their all new all original DAW was a clone of another already existing DAW. But at the same time it's totally possible they break the DAW mold and really do something original and innovative.

Didn't Behringer own/distribute energyxt for a while? Can't say I would dislike if an updated stable energyxt existed.

Steve Bolivar wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:50 pm Behringer does have a history of copying hardware so it wouldn't exactly be unexpected if their all new all original DAW was a clone of another already existing DAW. But at the same time it's totally possible they break the DAW mold and really do something original and innovative.
TBH most DAWs are copying each other already. Apart from a few different tricks and slightly different workflows mostly they do the same thing with very similar GUIs - long lists pf channels, copies of hw mixers (and how different are they to each other?), audio mostly dealt with in the same way, midi editors and step sequencers mostly identical, all have similar FX, they all freeze in much the same way. I suspect if Behringer did flip out and do something entirely left-field with a DAW - it wouldn't sell precisely because users want the standard things in DAWs.

I imagine a Behringer daw being a complete ableton live rip off

Nathanananan wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:00 pm I imagine a Behringer daw being a complete ableton live rip off
I wouldn't think so. I would imagine it would have the features common to many DAWs, but not go too deep in features such that it would be like Ableton.

And certainly, you wouldn't want to rip off the Ableton GUI. Better to go get Bitwig if you want something Ableton like. Instead of going with an aged design.

kritikon wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:31 pm ....TBH most DAWs are copying each other already. Apart from a few different tricks and slightly different workflows mostly they do the same thing with very similar GUIs - long lists pf channels, copies of hw mixers (and how different are they to each other?), audio mostly dealt with in the same way, midi editors and step sequencers mostly identical, all have similar FX, they all freeze in much the same way. I suspect if Behringer did flip out and do something entirely left-field with a DAW - it wouldn't sell precisely because users want the standard things in DAWs.
Yes - this was my point. It couldn't hurt to say it a few more times so it comes through though.

Only thing is - the DAW part is supposed to be free, so they shouldn't have to worry about it selling.
They'd probably like to see it being used by a lot of people though.

cel4145 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:30 am
Nathanananan wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:00 pm I imagine a Behringer daw being a complete ableton live rip off
I wouldn't think so. I would imagine it would have the features common to many DAWs, but not go too deep in features such that it would be like Ableton.

And certainly, you wouldn't want to rip off the Ableton GUI. Better to go get Bitwig if you want something Ableton like. Instead of going with an aged design.
I could see them going deep, look at what they are doing with their semi modular synths, control surfaces and mixers.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”