Behringer DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:35 am
jules99 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:00 am they will have a tough time finding a permanent spot in this crowded market.
lol...

You are talking like an expert here about a product you haven't even seen a glimpse of yet and basically know nothing about. Can it get more absurd than that?

But replies like yours remind me time and time again why I stopped posting in forums most of the time for a long time. What's with the hostility?
Last edited by jules99 on Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

jules99 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:24 am
jules99 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:00 am they will have a tough time finding a permanent spot in this crowded market.
lol...

You are talking like an expert here about a product you haven't even seen a glimpse of yet and basically know nothing about. Can it get more absurd than that?
I wouldn't even know what an expert on all DAWs would be, but reviewing DAWs and the DAW market has been one of my main jobs for half a decade now. I do actually know a thing or two about the current status of the market and about current and future developments.
There is absolutely nothing to review here so what on earth do you believe you might possibly talk about here? Your reply makes as little sense as your original post.
But replies like yours remind me time and time again why I stopped posting in forums most of the time for a long time. What's with the hostility?
Mimimi - going by what we have seen from you in this thread I daresay that's not much of a loss.
There however is no hostility per se. You posted random bollocks and I called you out on it. That is all there is to it. Yes, I have a strong personal dislike for people posting random nonsense, but that is absolutely nothing personal at all - and how could it be? I know nothing about you.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

This must be one of the most absurd threads on kvr in a long time. People arguing about how good or crap something may or may not be that isn’t even released yet because of how good or crap their hardware emulations are. Have a word with yourselves. Out. 🤦‍♂️🥱😖
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

if somebody would able to integrate a full-featured DAW with the modulation framework of Bitwig I would buy it
so a Cubase + Guitar Rig hybrid would be nice or a Bitwig/S1 10.0 :hug: :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

jens wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:14 pm
lol...

I wouldn't even know what an expert on all DAWs would be, but reviewing DAWs and the DAW market has been one of my main jobs for half a decade now. I do actually know a thing or two about the current status of the market and about current and future developments.
There is absolutely nothing to review here so what on earth do you believe you might possibly talk about here? Your reply makes as little sense as your original post.
Mimimi - going by what we have seen from you in this thread I daresay that's not much of a loss.
There however is no hostility per se. You posted random bollocks and I called you out on it. That is all there is to it. Yes, I have a strong personal dislike for people posting random nonsense, but that is absolutely nothing personal at all - and how could it be? I know nothing about you.
How unempathetic and judgmental - "not much of a loss", "random bollocks", "random nonsense" - this says more about you than it says about me. I'm blocking you and will keep on enjoying KVR as I have done for many years.

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:39 am
ghettosynth wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:01 am I'm really glad Reaper exists. It's less about the workflow as a DAW and more about the attitude of the dev.
We're all different in that regard, I guess. I couldn't care less about the attitude of the people behind a DAW. For me, it's what the final product is about and how well it suits my needs and wishes.

Caring about the attitude behind a software or its developers almost translates to religious belief for me. Like with most Linux users. Well, I guess it's no coincidence that they call Reaper the Linux of DAW's.
No, that isn't what I meant, and in fact, said. The attitude translates to features that I care about. It's not about the workflow, per se. As I said:
That attitude translates to new features that I care about. It's things like supporting LV2 plugins, working on Linux, and almost certainly supporting CLAP sooner rather than later.
These are not really "workflow" features. In fact I'm not crazy about some aspects of workflow. I much prefer Reason's comping, for example.

The attitude of the devs align significantly with my own attitude about writing software. They develop significant features that I would also develop were I interested in/capable of developing a DAW.

The same applies to Linux and if you don't get it, you just don't get it. It seems that you want to put Linux users in a box that satisfies your narrative so that you can dismiss their opinion. To say that Reaper is the Linux of DAWs might make sense from some perspective, but it has a lot less to do with your perception of "religion" than it does practical aspects of the respective software. That some users parrot what sounds like religion does not make it so for the majority of users.

jules99 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:24 am What's with the hostility?
LOL! you caught him when he was in a good mood! :hihi:

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:49 pm
The same applies to Linux and if you don't get it, you just don't get it.
Its good that knowledgeable people like yourself are beginning to put the message out there. I am still on windows, but also maintain a boot-able Mint Linux SSD for experimenting with, and it gets better every year. Is there a distro that you would recommend for music related purposes?

dellboy wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:31 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:49 pm
The same applies to Linux and if you don't get it, you just don't get it.
Its good that knowledgeable people like yourself are beginning to put the message out there. I am still on windows, but also maintain a boot-able Mint Linux SSD for experimenting with, and it gets better every year. Is there a distro that you would recommend for music related purposes?
I'm the wrong person to ask, I don't distro hop. I think that glokraw and one or two other posters could probably answer that better. I started out in the mid 90s with slackware, then moved to redhat, then to debian and variants. I currently use PoPOS on my desktop and debian for servers or virtual machines.

I'm not at all going out of my way to make it special for audio. I still have both windows and mac machine in my "studio" for audio and I will continue to use those for tracking and any music that requires me to use controllers. In other words, for the current work that I'm doing on Linux I don't care at all about latency. Over the last few years a lot of my music has become this thing where I don't play anything. It's all machine driven.

I've just decided this year to make a commitment to moving some audio production to Linux and to also do as much as possible of my private audio-dev work on Linux. Little things make a lot of difference, I recently needed to cut up some samples and turn them into raw PCM samples for a VM module. That's something that's trivial to automate and get going on Linux because of repositories and scripting not being second class citizens.

With respect to attitude and culture, it shows in the relative differences in what's available in app-stores vs what's available in repos. The repos are chock full of dev-focused tools that don't have silly strings attached. Not so on either Windows or Mac, although Mac definitely has the edge with their own (not apple) repos having a long history. One thing that has made Windows much more tolerable is WSL. I hear that it's even better with Windows 11, but I'm cutting Windows off at version 10. They're going too far down the "your data is our revenue" path for my tastes.

So the bottom line for me is that I'm not interested in spending hours and hours mucking about with different distros or even installing different kernels, at least not now. When I make a commitment to using Linux as my primary audio machine, probably in a few years, then I will go down that rabbit hole. For now, my Linux machine is the machine that I do work on every day and it just so happens that it also runs Reaper and Bitwig and everything just works and is stable after plugging in my new class compliant monitors.

dellboy wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:21 pm
jules99 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:24 am What's with the hostility?
LOL! you caught him when he was in a good mood! :hihi:
:hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

lol...

You should probably stop reviewing the DAW market too if you think that a company that ships so much hardware with a free DAW bundled is going to find it hard to find a permanent spot in the marketplace.
Especially in an economy that is crumbling by the day.
Duh

Disableton Love.

Sorry...

xbitz wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:39 pm if somebody would able to integrate a full-featured DAW with the modulation framework of Bitwig I would buy it
Write feature requests to Bitwig to tell them what is missing from full-featured… Its easier that way than the other way around… Since recently its featured enough for me except for surround tools/multichannel…
I do not expect anything interesting from Behringer btw. Good copycats are not necessarily innovative…

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:21 am
I do not expect anything interesting from Behringer btw. Good copycats are not necessarily innovative…
Behringer are clearly far beyond being mere copycats.

Behringer cannot release a DAW until after Mackie gets its done.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”