Arturia V Collection 8 Stupidly Cheap Offer

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
zzz00m
KVRAF
3145 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:23 am

BONES wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:07 pm The email is a week old, I just discovered it in my Junk folder, but Arturia are offering Pigments owners the V Collection 8 for $149. I know 9 is probably not far away but that seems like a desperate price to me. I'm trying to think of reasons not to buy it but I have to admit I'm struggling to keep my credit card in my wallet.
It's definitely worth that price even if you just want a couple of their synths. I bought into VC 8 last year at a low price, and I had only owned Analog Lab and Pigments previously.

I wouldn't be too concerned about VC 9 coming around soon. There would have to be some amazing new additions to tempt me to upgrade. Plenty in VC 8 to keep busy with, as it's quite a broad keyboard collection!
Windows10; AAS, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cherry, IKM, Intermorphic, iZotope, Indiginus, Kilohearts, KORG, KV331, Melda, NI, Orange Tree, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Spitfire, Surge, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, Vital, Waves

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
9612 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:28 am

bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:44 am I jumped on this a few days ago. I too thought that I wouldn't like many of the synths but it turns out the ones I wasn't really interested in have become my favorites. This being the Synclavier, the Fairlight CMI and the EMU samplers.
Don't sleep on the Buchla Easel. It's a weird take on analog synthesis and takes some learning, but it makes crazy noises and is super fun to use. Every time I load it up, it's like I'm touching an analog synth for the first time and have no idea how anything works. That one is a sleeper for sure!

UltimateOutsider
KVRian
801 posts since 5 Oct, 2009 from Portland, OR

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:39 am

I was an owner of V Collection 5, but that was apparently enough for me to get an upgrade to V Collection 8 for $99USD.

Honestly, the only new synth I was interested in was the Emulator II V- but it's $199 as a stand-alone. I just paid half that price and got 11 additional plugins in the process!

Thanks, Arturia!

bmanic
KVRAF
9355 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:47 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:28 am
bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:44 am I jumped on this a few days ago. I too thought that I wouldn't like many of the synths but it turns out the ones I wasn't really interested in have become my favorites. This being the Synclavier, the Fairlight CMI and the EMU samplers.
Don't sleep on the Buchla Easel. It's a weird take on analog synthesis and takes some learning, but it makes crazy noises and is super fun to use. Every time I load it up, it's like I'm touching an analog synth for the first time and have no idea how anything works. That one is a sleeper for sure!
Unfortunately I don't seem to really like the basic sound of the Easel. Not sure how accurate the emulation is but it's a bit "hard" sounding, even with soft sounds. Difficult to explain.. but yeah, I will have to dig into that a bit more. It is a very capable little package, that's for sure!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

tonymax
KVRist
398 posts since 1 Dec, 2013 from UK

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:08 pm

what sthe difference between v7 and v8... or should i wait for v9...
thanks

jamcat
KVRAF
2064 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:18 pm

The difference is each new collection adds more instruments.
If you can get V8 for $99 or $150 then do it.
Because if you wait until V9 is out, it will cost you $300.
But a V8 to V9 upgrade will probably be $150 at intro.

Worst case scenario is you break even on a V9 upgrade, but you get stuff now. And the purpose of buying it is to use it.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

rlared
KVRian
706 posts since 1 Aug, 2016

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:02 pm

Tried V-Collection a few times especially since I own an arturia Keylab controller. Great product but ultimately not for me so I sold each time. I end up screwing around with the presets and synths and never writing any music. Too many options paralyzes me. I don't even have time to learn the instruments I have!!

zzz00m
KVRAF
3145 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:23 pm

rlared wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:02 pm Too many options paralyzes me. I don't even have time to learn the instruments I have!!
You should try owning VC 8 and the KORG Collection 3, LOL!!! I know what you speak of! :D
Windows10; AAS, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cherry, IKM, Intermorphic, iZotope, Indiginus, Kilohearts, KORG, KV331, Melda, NI, Orange Tree, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Spitfire, Surge, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, Vital, Waves

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
Topic Starter
13382 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:58 pm

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:23 amAh no. If you wait for v10 to be released, you’ll pay full whack. Unless you wait another 2 years AFTER v10 is released, when you’ll get a really fantastic deal.
What I meant was that I'd wait to upgrade to v9 until v10 was imminent. So I'd stay one gen behind but pay a tiny fraction of full price. Anything else is just throwing money away.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | JP6K, Union, GR-8, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, Thorn, Odyssey, Equator, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
3845 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:52 pm

BONES wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:58 pmWhat I meant was that I'd wait to upgrade to v9 until v10 was imminent. So I'd stay one gen behind but pay a tiny fraction of full price. Anything else is just throwing money away.
…but when you get there, you’d be a mug not to wait for v11…
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2021 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 12
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

J Veronica
KVRer
12 posts since 23 Jul, 2020

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:33 am

I bought V8 last year for the Juno, Jupiter and Synclavier. Cost me £350 and worth every penny.

A V9 purchase will depend on what it brings. If there's a JX-8P and a reworked Prophet 5 I'll grab it.

Otherwise I feel like I have everything I need already between V8 and Omnisphere.

felis
KVRian
945 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:20 am

I updated to V8, got the FX2 collection, and also got Pigments, all last year, so I'm pretty well stocked up on Arturia stuff.
I really like their stuff, and it's always fun to see what they come up with next.

melomood
Suspended
8048 posts since 15 Oct, 2017 from U.S.

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:33 am

BONES wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:07 am If I'm honest, I have no interest in at least half of the collection and there is a very big difference between an enthusiast and a collector. At this price, though, you really only need to be interested in two or three of them for it to be a bargain so I will probably bite the bullet and do it.
noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:49 amYes, that’s how it works with Arturia. Every company has their own sales policy. Without fail, everyone bitches at the upgrade prices when a new release comes out from Arturia - today it’s Modo Bass. Wait a year or two, it’s crazy cheap.
If that really is their strategy, it's pretty dumb. If I buy v8 today, why would I bother upgrading to v9 in a month or two? I'm far more likely to wait for v10 in a year or so, when I'm bored with what I got today and the upgrade price seems more reasonable.
If Arturia announced that V9 would be doing away with the current GUI installation, I could see a reason to upgrade in a month. Not that it's ever happening

Spencer Maddox
KVRian
813 posts since 19 Oct, 2017 from The Empire State

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:10 am

Just checked, I got it too.
Even if V9 is coming, which I'm almost 100% positive it is, for someone who ONLY owns Pigments this is an absolutely unbelievable offer.
Thank you bones, I would of never seen this.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

syntonica
KVRian
1374 posts since 25 Sep, 2014 from Specific Northwest

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:33 am

I'm still on v6 and just got the $99 offer. Until they smallify their absurd resource usage, I'm going to have to pass, as much as I might enjoy the revamped Jupiter and the other additions.

Return to “Instruments”