MIDI Looper Plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the suggestions, have read up on each one and can see uses for them in other ways but for just straightforward midi-looping, I don't see how any of them do that.

I'm talking like how one uses a loop pedal. You play your instrument, first tap of the pedal it starts recording, next tap it stops recording and maybe goes straight to overdub. I'm looking for the same thing but as a VST and it is recording (and then looping) midi, instead of audio.

greententacle wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:59 pm looking for something like that too.
anyone tried remidi2?
reMIDI 2 yes it's what your looking for in a midi sampler and an arranger. Very powerful.
I use it for drum midi.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Still looking, maybe 6 months later something has come out?

+1, subscribed,
need a midi looper *plugin*
M1/M2mac

Hey for MIDI looping in a VST plugin, you can try Mobius or LiveLoop. They offer features like recording, overdubbing, and real-time control over MIDI loops within your digital audio workstation (DAW).

Samuel Wood wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:23 am Hey for MIDI looping in a VST plugin, you can try Mobius or LiveLoop. They offer features like recording, overdubbing, and real-time control over MIDI loops within your digital audio workstation (DAW).
Mobius is an audio looper, Liveloop isnt a plugin.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

As much as I'd love for Mobius to do midi looping since it is the audio looper I use daily, it doesn't loop midi. I am helping the folks who working on updating it and it is on my wishlist but even if that is something they could figure out, it will be a long time before my wishlist is attended to, most likely.

So yeah, still looking for a midi looper VST that works. Circlys, Homegrown Midi Looper, PIZ, either don't work, or are too quirky or have other limitations making them virtually useless. Doesn't have to be fancy. Just a basic one button midi looper that you don't have to predetermine loop length to use.

I'm looking for a plug in midi looping solution too.
Something that simply provides the same functionality as seen here: https://youtu.be/TX_qVYSuhqA?t=537 (Benn Jordan demoing the Nymphes with a Bastl hardware midi looper)

I mean, I'm left aghast at the lack of active software options. Absolute ghost town.

wafa wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:34 pm I'm looking for a plug in midi looping solution too.
Something that simply provides the same functionality as seen here: https://youtu.be/TX_qVYSuhqA?t=537 (Benn Jordan demoing the Nymphes with a Bastl hardware midi looper)

I mean, I'm left aghast at the lack of active software options. Absolute ghost town.
It’s because it’s usually a function of the DAW, eh? I don’t really use MIDI loops, but I believe you can easily do what you want using Live or Bitwig. I’m not sure about other DAWs.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

bad advice
deleted
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The quest was/is => for a plugin !

Has many reasons.
For example a optimized GUI/workflow for *just that single functionality* ?
Load in different DAWs, have allways the same GUI/ workflow for just that same functionality ?
Jam non-DAW based ?
Mix midi looped tracks with normal tracks ?
Go/Hunt for other -free- workflows ?
Jam, Jam, Jam ?

i for example "play" non-DAW based !
i use a dedicated plugin-Host
( which will become a way more common thing in the future than it is right now for everything realtime-play related. Even if its just vs. to "record into your DAW" )

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:01 pm
wafa wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:34 pm I'm looking for a plug in midi looping solution too.

It’s because it’s usually a function of the DAW, eh? I don’t really use MIDI loops, but I believe you can easily do what you want using Live or Bitwig. I’m not sure about other DAWs.
`

In session view of Ableton, if you want to use one instrument only, but have a separate clip for a walking bass for example, you can't. Ok well, you can but you gotta do routing. Use a load of extra tracks. Doesn't make for the best "on the fly" type of vibe. I mean it's ok....but....
They have it all sorted for audio with the Looper device, just not midi.

I would look into Reaktor or Pure Data for something like this. Someone has to have made one although digging through the user library is a bit of a pain in the testes.
I'm happy with using my daw as a midi looper when I need one. I also sometimes use my old Alesis hardware séquencer for this type of stuff or machine (in plugin mode).
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I haven't found it if there is one in Reaktor or PD. There are m4l devices but I don't use Ableton.

I'm back to using PIZ. It actually works well after getting it set right except for one problem: I'm using three instances of it in Gig Performer and occasionally one of the instances will stop processing midi altogether and have yet to figure out why.

Bumping this thread as it turns out playtime 2 is in beta, feels way more stable and snappy and simple than first one.
And live looping without a predefined tempo although not yet implemented is pretty high in his roadmap list the dev stated.
So maybe one solution for the reaper folks

Return to “Instruments”