D16 Phoscyon 2 is out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phoscyon Phoscyon 2

Is this good for more mainstream music or just very genre specific?

It's more suited for country and bluegrass
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:24 pm TWo notes both slide enabled will be interpteted as a sustained unless a new note is inserted .
If not , it will remain sustained .
imho it is major flaw
I noticed something odd about slide behaviour too, but didn't dig into detail. Thanks for investigating.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:53 pm It's more suited for country and bluegrass
The develpers forbid by terms of usage to use it for Satanistic Death Metal though.

tdm71 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:24 pm Is this good for more mainstream music or just very genre specific?
the 303 is a fairly limited synth, and unless you want "that sound" in particular, there are better options available.

not to say it can't be used anywhere, sound is sound, but what it does well, is a sound more at home in certain electronic dance genres.

tdm71 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:24 pm Is this good for more mainstream music or just very genre specific?
Only your creativity is the limit. Also define mainstream. Is it pop music? Pop dance? It used to be genre specific, but I think I heard 303 on some track by nu-metal band. Dead serious. In general, it can fit in a lot of electronic music genres, if used correctly, creatively and originally.
please Like, Comment and Subscribe!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:24 pm For met the achiles heel is the sequencer , there are just things you can't do , and I hope it's a bug
TWo notes both slide enabled will be interpteted as a sustained unless a new note is inserted .
imho it is major flaw
Abl3 audio
https://app.box.com/s/vqs5jafhi91nmvqt5r7nqur3s2sxcva1

https://app.box.com/s/b7bex2w0ms0emto4la1lfykrv2mq2ax9
You should open a ticket.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:24 pm For met the achiles heel is the sequencer , there are just things you can't do , and I hope it's a bug
TWo notes both slide enabled will be interpteted as a sustained unless a new note is inserted .
imho it is major flaw
Abl3 audio
https://app.box.com/s/vqs5jafhi91nmvqt5r7nqur3s2sxcva1

https://app.box.com/s/b7bex2w0ms0emto4la1lfykrv2mq2ax9
If you change the slide time and sweep length, is it still blurred together or are the notes separated?

Only way to get it to sound correctly is to add another note indeed, set to -1.
Changing slide or sweep doesn’t work.

Talking about a rushed release :lol: , even more amazing is that the high profile betatesters haven't even noticed it .
Eyeball exchanging

I've used the extended slide behavior to make some nifty extended, vibrato filter-sweep sounds. Was not a thing in V1?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Hi,

Regarding the issue with slided note and continuous play if the gated note doesn't appear after slide. That's intentional behavior we've made to reflect what's going on in real 303 - the pitch mode there works exactly like that.

We had really long discussions at HQ whether to implement seq that way or leave it as it was in Phoscyon 1. But decided to change it since it benefits in quicker editing seuqneces. Especially when you need long notes.

You just put note with slide, then leave a space and then finish with just gated note - and you get one long note with few clicks and little mess in patter editor.
tie.jpg
Cheers,
Sebastian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sebastian / D16 Group Audio Software

As for global undo - it's something we'll add to our general plug-in framework at some point. It's definitely must-have option.

Cheers,
Seb
Sebastian / D16 Group Audio Software

haha...thanks for the clarification. Hopefully some are feeling a little sheepish now. Yeah - my 202 does that kind of thing. I haven't owned a real 303 for a long time now so I didn't want to chime in as not 100% sure, but that def rings a bell with the sustained notes - same as the 202.

m00gie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:35 am Hi,

Regarding the issue with slided note and continuous play if the gated note doesn't appear after slide. That's intentional behavior we've made to reflect what's going on in real 303 - the pitch mode there works exactly like that.

We had really long discussions at HQ whether to implement seq that way or leave it as it was in Phoscyon 1. But decided to change it since it benefits in quicker editing seuqneces. Especially when you need long notes.

You just put note with slide, then leave a space and then finish with just gated note - and you get one long note with few clicks and little mess in patter editor.
tie.jpg

Cheers,
Sebastian
Have you seen the screenshots I have posted ?
Patterns made in ABL3 can not be played back accuratly on Phoscyon , iirc the 303 couldalso do this .
Having accent on the second note of two slided notes gives a verry nice effect
Your workaround of putting a gated note afterwards to circumvent the sustaind slide idoes not make sense , what if we don't need an additional note ?
PLease prove that this pattern is this possible on phoscyon , hee's the audio example of abl3 , pattern shown above .
https://app.box.com/s/wbrkow9qa6yjpppxj0wkmwolidqy9jzi

Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Instruments”