One Synth Challenge #158: Surrealistic MG-1 Plus by Cherry Audio (MilksterX Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surrealistic MG-1 Plus Synthesizer

silverpants wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:09 am Just to say - there is no big rush to listen and vote. There is another 11 days to go.
...yeah that is about what I wanted to comment, more or less.

empphryio wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:55 am
silverpants wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:09 am Just to say - there is no big rush to listen and vote. There is another 11 days to go.
Indeed, 11 days means you can listen to five or six a day and still get the voting and commenting done! I think I have 30 or so left to listen to and make my first pass vote and comments.
dB

+1

Done voting. Zzzzzzzzzzeventy tracks. It was tiring but I liked it. 9 persons got 5 points from me. That's a wonderful thing. It's just like with OSC#156: When the synth brings limitations with it it also gets the best out of us. Lovely. Thanks you all for sharing your great music!

One thing. In 1 or 2 tracks I heard some chorus FX. Not chorus-like sounding FX but clearly chorus added to the MG. This felt a bit bummer-ish. The great thing about this OSC is that there are rules that confront us with limitations. Ah I am repeating myself. Cheers!

FrogsInPants wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:26 am This is normal. Just drag it to the 1pt bucket.
THANK YOU
I like E-Dm but I like music with other chords too

Gave the playlist another listen on my night shift drive around town. Have to say enjoying the music, but the 40 secs of ads between each track is beginning to get painful. Thanks Soundcloud for a free service...but seriously :-|
I like E-Dm but I like music with other chords too

Madmac66 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:08 pm Gave the playlist another listen on my night shift drive around town. Have to say enjoying the music, but the 40 secs of ads between each track is beginning to get painful. Thanks Soundcloud for free service...but seriously :-|
Yeah. It's got obnoxious. Every round - I intend on downloading all the tunes and making a playlist from there. But then I don't. Have have to put up with all the stupid respective ads. Ugh.
Captain Silverpants

The Sound Of Merlin wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:08 pm Done voting. Zzzzzzzzzzeventy tracks. It was tiring but I liked it. 9 persons got 5 points from me. That's a wonderful thing. It's just like with OSC#156: When the synth brings limitations with it it also gets the best out of us. Lovely. Thanks you all for sharing your great music!

One thing. In 1 or 2 tracks I heard some chorus FX. Not chorus-like sounding FX but clearly chorus added to the MG. This felt a bit bummer-ish. The great thing about this OSC is that there are rules that confront us with limitations. Ah I am repeating myself. Cheers!
it could maybe have been a layered synth? still if they have and win they'll be disqualified.

doctorbob wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:28 pm
empphryio wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:55 am
Indeed, 11 days means you can listen to five or six a day and still get the voting and commenting done! I think I have 30 or so left to listen to and make my first pass vote and comments.
dB
I'm trying to keep it to five or six a day but once I sit down and start listening I'm finding it hard to stop...

Madmac66 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:08 pm Gave the playlist another listen on my night shift drive around town. Have to say enjoying the music, but the 40 secs of ads between each track is beginning to get painful. Thanks Soundcloud for a free service...but seriously :-|
If you install UBlock, it will block them out :)

violator_alba wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:03 pm I'm trying to keep it to five or six a day but once I sit down and start listening I'm finding it hard to stop...
Lol exactly the same ! I sat down and said "OK let's not get carried on this time, there are a lot of tracks". Went to bed at 2am :dog: . There are some really amazing tracks, I was dancing on my desk chair hahahaha

Finished voting. That was fun. Amazing what you can do with a simple little Radio Shack synth. Looking forward to next month's challenge.

Voted.

Hey all,

I wanted to thank everyone for all the feedback so far. As this is my very first time OSC, it is a very rewarding and inspiring experience. Super happy that I decided to contribute.

There are a lot of fantastic songs composed, what people can do with one synth and createing awesome sounds with this kind of "limited" Synth is relly creative and inspiring.

Thanks to everybody and looking forward to hear some more in the next challange

Alex

diaseis wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:14 pm
Madmac66 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:08 pm Gave the playlist another listen on my night shift drive around town. Have to say enjoying the music, but the 40 secs of ads between each track is beginning to get painful. Thanks Soundcloud for a free service...but seriously :-|
If you install UBlock, it will block them out :)
I'm using the Brave browser... No ads, no issues.

Return to “Instruments”