Side loading iOS App to m1 mac?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to side load app (discontinued but still on my iPad Pro) to Mac mini m1?
Afraid to loose it.
App is - RB-338 iPad edition. Works brilliantly on iPad pro 12.9
I’m sure it will work on my Mac M1 mini as well, but how do I make it happen?

AFAIK the developer has to enable that feature. But I don't have an M*-Mac, yet, so I might be wrong.

You can try an iOS-management app for Mac like iMazing (paid) to make a backup from the iPad. It can also download the unthetherd app if it's installed on the iPad and still downloadable from the iOS-purchases.

Or if you have access to a Windows PC, installing iTunes 12.6.3. (after that Apple removed the App-section from iTunes IIRC) or lower to try downloading the app to the desktop.

Thanks for reply :0
IMazing app is great, but didn’t do it I’m afraid :(
ReBirth 338 was removed from App Store by Roland request:(
Can’t open it on my Mac M1…

I thought it might turn out like that. I backed up all my unthethered apps before the 32 bit Appocalypse but I never bought Rebirth for some reason. THE sad downside of iOS.

Also for sideloading the app needs to be 64 bit aynway, IIRC.

mindnoise wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:24 pm I thought it might turn out like that. I backed up all my unthethered apps before the 32 bit Appocalypse but I never bought Rebirth for some reason. THE sad downside of iOS.

Also for sideloading the app needs to be 64 bit aynway, IIRC.
Rebirth 338 is 64bit, runs like a charm under latest iPad IOS on my 12.9 iPad Pro …
I’ll give it another try or 2…

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”