Synthmaster 3

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys, please join our facebook users group. I am sharing the latest development there:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/synthmasterusers

So far, the following features have been added:

1. Add/remove layers (up to 16 layers per preset)
2. Add/remove modules to layers (up to 32 modules per layer)
3. Add/remove modulation sources to layers (up to 64 modulation sources per layer)

Right now I am working on loading SM1 presets in SM3. then I'll move on to loading SM1/SM2 presets into any layers. Those features are going to be very useful in creating layered presets.

Here's a prototype screenshot:

One Layer Multiple Modules.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Please make black and white default skins,won't last another blue/green something...
Nice architecture,by the way,looks promising :);):)

Looking forward to Synthmaster 3 as well. I still don't understand Synthmaster 2 very well because I'm visually impaired. But it has a great deal of potential and when Synthmaster 3 comes out I'm sure to find it an educational experience that I will love.

SM2 is a beast,but there is something - the reverb is nice,usable and intuitive,BUT...
Somehow without external reverb on buss channel or other trick,doesn't sound super pro,if rely only on default reverb,which some competitors achieve some how,for example Dune,Zebra so on...despite i think SM2 is better for designer's stuff.
Will be nice if there is touch in that area.
Some fx are production ready,like phaser and delay you can leave it by default and in the final mix they shine,but the reverb isn't so convinsing,not bad at all,just a bit something more ...don't know what exactly...

One reason I want this update is I'm hoping it will be easier to grasp all the features. I'm visually impaired. Usually I can figure out something if there's a manual, or a video that's not super pulled back from the interface. Or even if the screen is small I can hack my way through. But without a manual or video I'm lost.

For instance, the morphing, sequencers and arpeggiators in a synth are sometimes important to learn about.

Synthmaster's morphing capability are well laid out and intuitive - didn't have a problem there.

But is there a proper tutorial on how to use Synthmaster arpeggios and sequencers? I can't find a single video that helps a blind person understand. The manual pages 56-61 weren't that clear to me at first, and I don't really thing I'm 100% there.

Good job, B

Has anyone installed the Alpha? Reactions?

moonchunk wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:27 am Has anyone installed the Alpha? Reactions?
Yes, I have. It's still very work-in-progress. Crashed Ableton Live a few times. Unless you like to test and report bugs, you might want to wait a few weeks until it's stable and all features are implemented.

As MPE is missing I need to wait a bit for further testing…

If someone can confirm that the MIDI-learn problem from Synthmaster 1 and 2 is resolved in 3, I will be willing to look at it, but unless I know that's fixed I wont touch it.

Milkman wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:58 pm If someone can confirm that the MIDI-learn problem from Synthmaster 1 and 2 is resolved in 3, I will be willing to look at it, but unless I know that's fixed I wont touch it.
You could just install it and find out for yourself.

Just found the email telling me I can download the alpha in an account I seldom check. Thank you B :tu:

Not specifically for SM3 but I'd like a synth with a dedicated tab full of multi assignable macro buttons. If there were able to be arranged to mimic a controller like my oxygen 61v3 and saved within a patch, it would be really simple to map 8 buttons and/or faders the one time and link everything inside the plugin so you don't have to midi learn every time your patch uses different maps.

shaboogen wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Milkman wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:58 pm If someone can confirm that the MIDI-learn problem from Synthmaster 1 and 2 is resolved in 3, I will be willing to look at it, but unless I know that's fixed I wont touch it.
You could just install it and find out for yourself.
I dont think you understand me. Lol how would I "just install it" without first paying for it? I expect that such a major, long term, *embarrassing* issue would be documented and that people would discuss it in the vendor's forum, if so.

Hope this helps.

Just tried the alpha release, it crashed Cubase after clicking through a few of the templates. It sounded really good though. But I uninstalled it, I'll probably wait for the beta release before installing it again.

Alpha in Logic: no problems. Seems to become a brilliant synth: modular in a kind of Zebra style (actually reminds me more of Max/MSP), layers like in Omnisphere, tons of different Oscs/Filters/Modulators. Additive, subtractive, multisamples, wavetables, FM in the OSC department, filters a similar broad palette of types and styles. A playground with hardly any bounds it seems. Just hope he gets the interface right, as that is (imo) what's been holding SM2 back.
Mac, Logic, some synths, software, stuff and unstuff, with and without knobs

Return to “KV331 Audio”