SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.9.16 update: New skin + bug fixes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster 2 iOS SynthMaster Everything Bundle SynthMaster Player

Smasha wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:32 pm Reaper asks me to terminate this plug in now after upgrading to Windows 11,sigh.

It does not show the activation window.

Uninstalling this plugin for now.

Seems alot of plug ins are broken in Windows 11.

My Sonivox Big Bang Drums plug ins fail miserably on windows 11.

P.S. Synthmaster Player 2.9 activated through Reason 12,the activation dialogue box appeared in Reason.
The solution is quite simple...

Go back to Windows 10...

Windows 11 is a minefield for ultra keen adopters who have a deep desire to defy gravity :)
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:32 pmThe solution is quite simple... Go back to Windows 10...

Windows 11 is a minefield for ultra keen adopters who have a deep desire to defy gravity :)
Unfortunately I have to agree.

To be fair however - there are those who "got" Windows 11 by default with a new machine. If this is the case - not much can be done...but yes - anyone who thought upgrading an existing solid Win 10 install was a good idea - especially on a DAW - is in for a serious headache - as you can't tell exactly what will work and what will not.

From a pure DAW perspective - I cannot understand why anyone would even consider Win 11 (as long as it's not forced upon them) when Win 10 is very mature, very stable and has universal support from pretty much every DAW, plugin maker or vendor for whatever one needs to run.

Win 11 will come around - but Win 10 is good to 2025 - no need to move any further right now.

VP

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:40 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:32 pmThe solution is quite simple... Go back to Windows 10...

Win 11 will come around - but Win 10 is good to 2025 - no need to move any further right now.

VP
The price to pay for being an early adopter. Not highly recommended for DAW users...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

One of the most important things I want in the studio is stability...

I only upgraded all of my computers to Win 10 when Win 11 was released...

I have learnt lessons from being an unofficial beta tester...

There's already enough crazy stuff going on without adding more of it to the mix...

I also have a policy of no phones and no internet because they can be a real distraction...

Tough boss :)
No auto tune...

Smasha wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:32 pm Reaper asks me to terminate this plug in now after upgrading to Windows 11,sigh.

It does not show the activation window.
Reaper might take a while to display the license key file dialog. I don't think this is a Windows 11 related issue. You might also run the standalone version (SynthMaster2.exe) to enter the license details.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hi everyone, we just released our v2.9.13 update. I am hoping that this is going to be our LAST update for SynthMaster 2. There are critical bug fixes, so please check for updates inside the plugin window to download this update:

1. NEW: SynthMaster VST3 now supports MIDI Program Change messages
2. FIX: SynthMaster stops responding to MIDI CC messages when the current preset is changed while transport is in playback
3. FIX: SynthMaster VST3 doesn't set the automated control values correctly on the UI
4. FIX: Preset browser is not refresh correctly when preset attributes are updated
5. FIX: SynthMaster doesn't delete the plugin window when it is closed
6. FIX: SynthMaster might crash when the plugin window is closed and then reopened again
Works at KV331 Audio

Congratulations! It's really encouraging to see a developer handling customer support the way you do while carrying out a flawless transition to VST3, even supporting features such as MIDI Program Changes other developers simply were not able to implement when they released their VST3 instruments. Way to go and all my respect for your company.

Hello KV331 - I just downloaded and installed 2.9.13 (12642), and I'm being prompted to upgrade to 2.9.13 (12647), but the installer still contains revision 12642.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:14 pm Hello KV331 - I just downloaded and installed 2.9.13 (12642), and I'm being prompted to upgrade to 2.9.13 (12647), but the installer still contains revision 12642.
Hi there, I guess that's a CDN (content delivery network) issue. I just tested downloading the updates and it downloaded rev 12647. Try again in a couple of hours.

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

My Synthmaster 2.9 updated properly this time so TY to the kv331 team for their prompt service,class.

One thing i'd really like for Synthmaster and SM One, is a download manager.

Would make life so much easier to keep an eye on the updates as they do tend to come quickly.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

SynthMaster 2 was still 2.9.12 when I downloaded it...

The knobs and the readout for SynthMaster One have a lot of lag in Win 10...

Also...it would be nice if the white skin for SM One could have the drop down panes in the modulation windows for the different synth types...OB,Fattee,Pro and Digital etc...

But thanks for the updates ....really appreciated :)
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 am
Is this for the VST3 version, VST2 or both? There was a refresh rate issue with the VST3 version, so I released a new update yesterday to fix that. I think I didn't increase the revision number for SM1 for that fix.
Works at KV331 Audio

LeVzi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:10 am One thing i'd really like for Synthmaster and SM One, is a download manager.
If you turned on "check for updates" it already checks for updates once a day, and if there is an update downloads the update setup (not full setup) automatically. This is already an automated process so I didn't feel the need to write code for a separate download manager :)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:34 am
digitalboytn wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 am
Is this for the VST3 version, VST2 or both? There was a refresh rate issue with the VST3 version, so I released a new update yesterday to fix that. I think I didn't increase the revision number for SM1 for that fix.
VST3 standalone version...

It seemed to be working OK in Reaper...

Thanks for everything...appreciated...
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”