For the record I downloaded the individual files for each instrument and ran them. I did not use the Product Manager at all during the installation process other than to authorize the serial numbers.
I let each installer for every instrument install the sample content where it wanted. I did not manually change the install paths (nor should one have to do so). They should know where to properly install the sample content otherwise they are pointless.
As noted by others already there is a bug in one of the Syn-V installers where it installs to the wrong path. I did have to manually move those samples to the correct location where the rest of the Syn-V content properly installed automatically.