Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

jeffn1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:28 am Dumb question: How to you update Syntronik 2? Download and install the new version?
You can use the Product Manager to download and install the update.

IK 061922-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jeffn1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:28 am Dumb question: How to you update Syntronik 2? Download and install the new version?
IK Product Manager?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Scotty wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:22 am
zzz00m wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:57 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:48 am
3 Is it expected behaviour that Syntronik 2 only plays Syntronik 1 presets or should the original editor open (I am aware there are playback glitches which are being addressed by Ik. I am wondering if I should be able to see the original Syntronik 1 editor in Syntronik
Everything that you could do with a Syn 1 preset is available in the Syn 2 UI. No need to launch the former Syn 1 UI any longer.

There was no "editor" in Syn 1, only the faux legacy instrument front panel with the knobs and buttons, etc. to adjust synth parameters. That view is still available in Syn 2.
Edited: You are correct. User error naturally. The expected photorealisic (ish) editor was there all along.

Opil wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:23 pm LITTLE report on the Syntronik 2.0.3 update

I also made a small render on the multi "Cold Lead" without the effects
cold lead multi.png
So we find the same bug and sound differences that the single presets!
A Syntronik Multi does not simply load presets. The Multi saves ALL parameters of the 4 parts. You can modify the presets within the Multi, and the modified version of the preset gets saved in the Multi without affecting the original preset. So a preset loaded in a Multi part can very easily have the same name as a regular preset but still sound radically different. This is normal.
5-On the Syntronik 2 presets, the resonance of the 6dB LPF "C-type" filter still does not work, the resonance of the 6dB HPF "C-type" filter still does not work, the resonance of the 6dB HPF "O-type" filter still does not work, the resonance of the 6dB HPF "Classic" filter still does not work.
Beyond Syntronik, a 6dB filter by design has no resonance peak. The Resonance knob will therefore have no effect on any of the modes of any of the filters with a 6dB slope in Syntronik or any other synth.

[edit - redundant, not worth it, team already aware]

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:46 pm such positivity and warmth,
Competent developers get positivity and warmth. :tu:

Developers who slop out half finished products, make their paying customers beta test them, then make those customers jump through hoops to get "support", then act like releasing fixes is some kind of super service, and who have snarky representatives get comments like this..... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:46 pm
A Syntronik Multi does not simply load presets. The Multi saves ALL parameters of the 4 parts. You can modify the presets within the Multi, and the modified version of the preset gets saved in the Multi without affecting the original preset. So a preset loaded in a Multi part can very easily have the same name as a regular preset but still sound radically different. This is normal.
This was not the case in one multi instance that I experienced. There was one part in the multi that was playing a semi-tone out of tune with the other parts.

So I fiddled with that part in edit mode, got it playing correctly, then saved the multi (but not the actual preset). Upon reloading the multi, the problem was back. So the multi did not save "that" parameter. I think it was a bug in the way that particular wave set was loading in the preset rather than the multi, because just changing it to another wave set and flipping it back "fixed" the tuning. The wave set was actually in tune, but that preset "instance" of it was not in tune.

Then I tried again, but saved the actual preset the second time. Problem solved (for me). That multi now loads with all parts in tune!

Sorry, but I do not recall that preset name, but the issue was discussed earlier by Teksonik and me, somewhere in one of these threads. He discovered the problem, and I confirmed it on my end as well as described my fix.

Opil wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:23 pm LITTLE report on the Syntronik 2.0.3 update

I also made a small render on the multi "Cold Lead" without the effects
cold lead multi.png
So we find the same bug and sound differences that the single presets!
I know that but i don't know if you have understand that this screenshot is a render of the multi "cold lead" loaded in Syntronik 1 compared to the same multi loaded in Syntronik 2

But the difference in sound level is obvious and you can't pretend it's normal

Opil wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:23 pm 5-On the Syntronik 2 presets, the resonance of the 6dB LPF "C-type" filter still does not work, the resonance of the 6dB HPF "C-type" filter still does not work, the resonance of the 6dB HPF "O-type" filter still does not work, the resonance of the 6dB HPF "Classic" filter still does not work.
Beyond Syntronik, a 6dB filter by design has no resonance peak. The Resonance knob will therefore have no effect on any of the modes of any of the filters with a 6dB slope in Syntronik or any other synth.
:clap:
WRONG

Like you can see here
6 db resonance lp.png
6 db resonance hp.png
6 db resonance bp.png
In Syntronik 2 you have resonance peak and the resonance knob clearly affect the sound if you play with!

Your answer is a little bit worrying from a support that is supposed to solve Syntronik 2 bugs and help the customers :o

As I said in a previous post these new slope and resonances are part of the new features of Syntronik 2!

I don't know if this answers comes from you, the support or "the team already aware" :hihi: but someone missed something and it's not me. :wink:

PS: Peter, I have not seen your reply before you edit but i am very interested. Apparently you talk of "positivity and warmth"...I hope you are not talking about your moderation on the IKM Forum!!
If someone can pm me what Peter deleted. :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter, if you don't see may be you can hear
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/uploads/mo ... cdde3e.mp4
Beautiful 6dB slope filter resonance in Syntronik 2 on the LP, BP and HP of the M-Type filter :party:

And in Syntronik 1 there is already a variable 6 db resonance on the LP, BP and HP of the M-Type filter.

There is only one slope of 6 dB (with variable and auditable resonance) for the HPF M-Type filter in Syntronik 1!

I hope that the faulty 6 dB slopes not become disabled/greyed out with the next update :P because i hope to hear one day what designer have programmed with this new preset for example:
6db res on pro vs preset.png
Like you can see the designer have adjusted the resonance on 1.5 on the HP "O-Type" filter 6dB slope but we can't hear it because like i reported the resonance of the 6dB HP "O-type" filter still does not work with this update.

And there is two modulation(in the matrix) on the cut off which must be more interesting to listen to with the resonance

I just downloaded and successfully installed the update. It says: "Please proceed to install the sound content".

Since I had already downloaded all of the sound content when I first installed this, do I just x out?

Or do I follow the prompt and hit "install"?
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

I think that prompt has always been there by default (assuming initial install?).

I think your right. It's aggravating IK makes you have to guess on stuff like this.

I just closed the dialog box/x'd out.
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

My answer came right from Erik Norlander. Sorry if that concerns you but he's most definitely an expert not only on Syntronik but synthesis and has probably forgotten more about it than most of us in this thread know. He was kind enough to explain further for you so you can understand, @Opil:
With regard to my info about how any true 6dB / 1-pole filter is non-resonant by nature:

This remains true. Resonance is created by negative filter feedback, and it’s impossible to do that with a single pole (6dB filter).

Our M-Type filter does indeed have resonance, even when set to the 6dB slope. How is this possible, given the above? The M-Type filter is a special case, and it’s not really a true 6dB filter. Here’s why:

The M-Type filter is based on the famous Bob Moog Transistor Ladder Filter. It’s called a ladder filter because it uses a cascade of transistors to generate the filter, and each pole of the filter is one “rung” on the ladder. It is 4 poles — 4 rungs — in total, for a 24dB per octave filter.

To get the 6 / 12 / 18 / 24dB responses from this filter, we take taps at the output of each pole, each rung of the ladder. So for the 6dB slope, we take the output of the first rung.

However, the resonance of the filter — the negative feedback — comes from the very end of ladder. This means that no matter what slope you choose for the M-Type filter, the resonance will always be from the complete ladder and therefore 24dB per octave, aka 4-pole.

So our 1-pole / 6dB M-Type filter is really a one-pole / 6dB filter with 4-pole / 24dB of resonance. In that sense, it’s not a true 1-pole / 6dB filter. Well, it is until you turn up the resonance. Then it becomes the special case I described above.

I'm sure a true expert in the field enjoyed your proclamation of "WRONG" though :D

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:00 pm I'm sure a true expert in the field enjoyed your [insights].
It is good to have first hand explanations of the method to IK's madness.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:59 pm My answer came right from Erik Norlander. Sorry if that concerns you but he's most definitely an expert not only on Syntronik but synthesis and has probably forgotten more about it than most of us in this thread know. He was kind enough to explain further for you so you can understand, @Opil:
Verry happy that you take the time to answer finally!

BUT you can quote who you want Erik Norlander or Jesus :pray: when you says this:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:46 pm Beyond Syntronik, a 6dB filter by design has no resonance peak. The Resonance knob will therefore have no effect on any of the modes of any of the filters with a 6dB slope in Syntronik or any other synth.
You are WRONG, yes!

When you says "The Resonance knob will therefore have no effect on any of the modes of any of the filters with a 6dB slope in Syntronik..." it's wrong!

I know you are in a difficult situation when a customers teaches you what's in your product...sorry FOR YOU and your team but giving me a lecture on hardware synthesizers or quote an expert will not change what happened
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:00 pm I'm sure a true expert in the field enjoyed your proclamation of "WRONG" though :D
And the customers could appreciate that you and your team were not experts on their own product.:hihi:

You should reread what I wrote:
Opil wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:36 pm Like you can see here
6 db resonance lp.png
6 db resonance hp.png
6 db resonance bp.png

In Syntronik 2 you have resonance peak and the resonance knob clearly affect the sound if you play with!
If you need an explanation of the text, "In Syntronik 2" means in Syntronik 2 :roll:

I have never claimed there is 6db resonance in the hardware synths :uhuhuh:

If i understand well, for this
Opil wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:23 pm I hope that the faulty 6 dB slopes not become disabled/greyed out with the next update :P because i hope to hear one day what designer have programmed with this new preset for example:
Like you can see the designer have adjusted the resonance on 1.5 on the HP "O-Type" filter 6dB slope but we can't hear it because like i reported the resonance of the 6dB HP "O-type" filter still does not work with this update.

And there is two modulation(in the matrix) on the cut off which must be more interesting to listen to with the resonance
It's dead, we never hear one day what designer have programmed with the faulty(not greyed/disabled) 6dB resonances :?:

PS: I'll be back...(2.0.4 udate report)

Return to “Instruments”