Contest: May - Gossip + result

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Time for spring cleaning finishes a old track, or make a new one.
Last edited by Hellfog on Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finish a track might be my choice, I've got a few hundred incomplete. :ud:
Thanks Hellfog.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Finish a track works for me too - I've got one or two {cough} waiting for me to get off my arse and sort them out.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Bumped to keep it visible :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Got something in mind :hyper:

Cool theme. I ve got lots of unfinished work over the decades! Thanks for hosting Hellfog. I'm happy to tot up the voting for you in a spreadsheet.
Captain Silverpants

The main reason I leave works unfinished is the failure to create a satisfactory accompaniment. The failure persists through the hibernation in the trash draver. Propably it would be safe to simply delete unfinished ones after a while, I'm not gonna miss them anyhow.

I never delete unfinished ones. Very occasionally I'll run one or two through, and something just clicks, then I'm away with it :)

I have a lot of material to choose from on this one. Only rarely will I keep my enthusiasm and energy levels high enough to dot all the i's, so when my interest starts to flag I work it into a minimally presentable format, run it though a mastering preset of some kind and say "that'll do". Even for the ones that I finish and feel happy with I usually think "one day I'll mix this properly". Let's see, shall I go for the New Order-ish one with the cringey vocals or one of the dozens of strummed chord sequences that never got fleshed out?

:tu: wonderful Themen i'm in

Got something in progress :)
{makes a change} :lol:

This is timely, I only ever work on old stuff... hahahaaaaaa ha ha - if they told you in the first lesson that playing the guitar would fill you with crushing self doubt and deep emotional pain - well, maybe I would have stuck with video games >.>
I play guitar

First off, a huge Thank You to Hellfog for keeping things going.
I been a member here since 2005 and, up until a couple of years back, used to participate in the contest almost every month.
Back in the day it would regularly get 40 - 50 entries in every style imaginable.There was some rare talent to be heard here.
There were even prizes back then. I managed to win a few myself but I think that was more luck than skill. (even got in the hall of fame a couple of times)
The choices of themes were so often designed to test skills and imagination and, at the time when I was learning a lot about composition, I found them to be an invaluable source of learning.
I would hate to see the contest disappear so I have pulled out a previously unfinished piece to join in with.
It would be great to see some more 'old timers' popping in to swell the ranks.
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

... an' it were 'im wot got me to join in two years later.
I also, used to take part in most of the contests, but rather tailed off. My excuse is that I got heavily involved in a certain soft-synth - just as a caretaker, you understand ... Yeah, right :dog: This still takes a lot of my time and energy, which is why my presence is somewhat erratic.
Still, I'm here for this one, and hope to be for many more.
So, thanks Hellfog from me as well. There is nothing remotely like this contest anywhere else on the 'net.

offthewall wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:38 pm Back in the day it would regularly get 40 - 50 entries in every style imaginable.There was some rare talent to be heard here.
There were even prizes back then.
The number of entries and the existence of prizes are like the two legs of pants. Get prizes and the number of participants booms. However there needs then to be an active prize manager who has broad contacts to wherever / whoever some prizes can be had from.

Return to “Music Cafe”